end

I didn't see him again but that didn't mean I forgot anything about him or his words. I subconsciously always stopped in front of bus stop hoping to see him, hoping I could get to meet him again.

No such luck.

Some few more months later and I had begun to forget, his memory was now etched into the past not having much relevance to my everyday busy life as I carried on, working to pay for my college classes.

Some day, when I was doing the dishes at the restaurant I worked at, I caught the moving picture that was on TV; breaking news.

Apparently, a teenager by the name of Jasper Hunter was trying to hijack a car and he had shot while doing so. And yes, it was the Jasper Hunter.

I had my full attention now on the footage, the plates I was washing forgotten. When he got caught by the two policemen who were urging him on trying to take them to their car, he smiled raising up from where he was bent over by the car his arms up in the air, the hoodie he wore over his head fell showing the tuff of his tussled dark hair entering his eyes.

The most absurd thing about the same person I hadn't found it easy to forget was that he was smiling. Smiling so charmingly at the police, smiling so cheekily. The same smile that sent a pang to my heart.

Just when I thought he was going to make it easy, he bolted, and in slow motion I watched as the police shot him and it went straight though his back, piercing him.

He fell to the ground not even five steps away and went still on the ground and that was it. I didn't know I had screamed or that I dropped a plate, a precious plate on the floor. I only know Jasper died and he was never going to live like he had wanted.

That all he wanted to do was experience life and now he had got caught in the spider web and ended up with a bullet hole in his back. He was never going to realize that life was something you take easy, something you didn't rush, something you have and won't know the importance of til it's about to let go of you. Life didn't exactly want you to live well in it and enjoy it all the time, it wanted you to bleed, to cry and die with it.

Nothing is fair. Especially not when it comes to life.

And now, it has stolen a promising teenager away from its earth because you do not always get what you want when you want it and what you deserve when you do deserve it.

Jasper had wanted the thrill of living but had forgotten it might cost him his life which it did.