Jiyong Imagine

Shin Je Ah's POV

Waking up on a Sunday is torturous. Just thinking of going to work is another burden. I regret immediately on agreeing to go to work on a Sunday to cover for Eun.

Sighing, I dragged myself to the toilet. I quickly showered and got ready so that I have more time to eat. I went to the kitchen, and check the fridge for milk. Just as I took it out, I realised the milk was finished at the light weight.

I groaned in annoyance as it was already two days that I have forgotten to buy milk. I threw the milk carton inside the bin and checked the cabinets for any crackers or oreos. The loaf of bread caught my eye and I took it out. I checked the expiry date and quickly opened the packet as I only have 4 days till it expires.

I spread nutella on my bread and just sat on the counter, eating silently. After finishing, I cleaned up and looked at the time. 10 minutes till shift?! Exactly how long did it take to eat just one bread for me?!

I quickly went out and ran to the bus stop. I looked at the timing of the arriving time of the bus and almost died. 20 minutes is the time of the bus to arrive and I can reach at my workplace in 20 minutes. Better run.

I ran fast, quickly dodging the crowd and took shortcuts. I was there in record time. Just 5 minutes late. It was a relief that the crowd wasn't big.

I put on my apron and went behind the counter. Many people went in and out. I was exhausted by the time when I finished my shift which is 12 noon sharp.

Just as I was about to open my apron and get out of here, someone was in front of the counter, ready to order. I sighed and asked him what he would like.

"Latte please," the person ordered. I forced a smile on my face and key in the order. He gave me the money and wait beside the counter.

"Sorry," the guy apologised. I turned towards him and thought he was talking to someone else but he looked straight into my eyes. "I can see that your shift is over and sorry if I troubled you," he continued.

I shook my head as a sign that it was okay and packed my bag. I sling my bag on my shoulder and was ready to go out when, Katy, the other waitress, came out of the kitchen and accidentally spilled the coffee all over the table.

The coffee hit the man and he hissed as the coffee was still very hot. Katy muttered her apologies under her breath and took a rag to clean it up. I went to the customer and I was the next one to apologise.

"I am really sorry, the staffs here are usually in a hurry as customers have always complained about the slow service they get," I rambled out.

The man chuckled deeply and rubbed his shirt with a wet tissue. I took one too and helped him clean his shirt. Some people in the cafe stood up to see the commotion but sat back down when they saw what happened.

"I will make you your coffee. This time, you stay away from the counter," I joked. He laughed and nodded, walking towards a booth near the counter but still a little far. I went to the kitchen and helped Katy do his coffee and I send it to him.

He smiled at me and whispered a thanks and sipped the coffee. I sighed as I read the time. It was already 30 minutes after my shift. I picked up my bag and said my goodbyes to the man and staffs. With that, I went home straight.

-

It has been a week since the incident and I haven't really seen the man. I just caught glimpse of him just passing by and sometimes he would come in but never ordered anything, just came in and sat at a booth and just stared outside.

It wasn't a surprise that he relax here, this place was always peaceful, even though crowded, it was still quiet. I was happy about that. There were no noises for me to get distracted by.