Freaking Frank

"Put on a bloody good show, that's what you did." echoing from the shadows, I turned to face the rafters as my fists balled.

"What the fuck do you want Frank?" I screamed towards him. How dare he spy on my love life! Especially after I took his advice.

With a simple swoop he glides down on midnight wings, a half eaten apple in hand as he lands ever so gracefully on his feet, walking nonchalantly towards my shaking and shuddering frame.

"What I want, darling, is to go to a culture where I'll be worshipped for my beauty." He snorts, "But, I'm stuck here watching after you. I thought I'd be above babysitting by now." he tosses the apple into the air, catching it by the clean side and taking a sloppy bite from it.

Horrendously angry, I clutched the velvet box in my fist, hurling it towards him. His hand lifted and when it opened the box fell to the floor. I should've known it was useless but it didn't stop me. I ran to him, fists ready to attack. Yet when I went to deliver a solid right hook, his hand caught mine gently but firmly.

"Funny. You always were quite the laugh" his mouth twitched into a slight mocking smile.

Growling loudly, my knee rose to contact his groin, but when it hit he didn't even flinch. "Hysterical, really Saylena. You should know better." He let me go, pushing slightly to make me stumble away from him.

"I hate you so much..." I muttered, catching my breath.

"Love and hate and all that..." he smiles darkly, fangs glistening. "Besides, I don't exactly have the warm fuzzies for you either particularly."

Angel was the wrong word I'd use to describe him in this moment. His venomous smile stirred something in me, lips curved to a condescending half smirk. I was simply a game to him, what with the way his darkened sky blue eyes assessed me. He could take me down before I even blinked.

I stood up straight, gathering my mind and adjusting my clothes. "Let me know when you're finished mourning your doomed love life." he rolls his eyes as he walks away, wings spread as he bounded upwards into the windowsill.

I couldn't lie, he was beautiful, but oh how he made my blood boil. His curled dark chocolate locks framed his face perfectly, barely hanging into his mid-day sky blue eyes. The way he looked at you made it seem as if he could stare into your very soul. Which, now that I know him better, isn't that far off from the truth.

He lifted his apple to take a slow bite, his eyes lowering down to watch me watch him. His posture loosens, leaning against the glass, his long lanky frame barely fitting. His movement sent hay fluttering about the barn, landing on his otherwise immaculate brown slacks and blazer, his black v-neck shirt slightly stained now that I see it in the light. It almost looks dark red...

A picture lasts longer.

I wanted to screech in utter frustration as his voice lingered in my mind. I still wasn't used to communicating with thoughts and the fact that I could never again enjoy the silence of my head angered me. Balling up my fists, I storm away, out the barn door and to sit on one of the lonely hay bales and gather my thoughts.

Lano was gone. Long gone. I don't think he'd ever want to see me again, not that I blame him. I destroyed his heart, murdered it. I could never have a normal life with normal friends. I could never marry and have children. All because my mom decided to fuck a fallen angel in a drunken frenzy some senior night of high school.

Huffing loudly, I stood and paced. Up on side of the barn and back down, the endless muddied green making me feel more lost than ever. I had my route. I had my love. I had my life. And God seemed to laugh at it.

I knew that wasn't exactly true. God saw my kind as an abomination, a scar on the face of the earth. He'd rather have me not exist than miserable.

I wish I didn't exist right now.

Letting out a scream of pure frustration I spun a kicked the hay bales as hard as I could, the resulting rain of hay settling over a nearly hundred foot radius. Seems like I still didn't know my own strength.

Now if only I could be fast enough to get my hands around Frank's neck...

Oh? Goody. I love a challenge.

Gritting my teeth I tried directing my thoughts right back at him. You won't laugh once I get to you.

And just what would you do once you got there? I could almost hear his snicker.

I'd pluck those precious feathers of yours and spit roast you to a crisp. I put every ounce of menace I could muster into my thought.

Sounds delicious, darling. I look forward to it.

"Jump off a cliff..." I muttered.

Tried that. Interesting turn out.

"I just might. How would that turn out? Big guy wouldn't take too kindly to failing your little quest." I smirked. Score me?

"You'd live. Painfully," He turns his head a little and mumbles. "and regrettably." I turn to face him, a little spooked that even with my sharpened senses, I couldn't hear him moving. "But you'd live. You'd heal, unless somehow you could afford a plane ticket to the Grand Canyon or something. BUT, by all means, go on ahead. I'll buy the popcorn."

"How the fuck are you an angel?" I throw my hands into the air. "Is God really that big of a slacker?"

He cares about the humans he created. The life of a plague like you doesn't matter much. It's just my job to make sure-

"I don't hurt anyone... right..." I turned away, a sense of ironic rejection. An all loving God that can turn it's back among its creation. "At least I have free will..."

I turn away, storming away from the barn and towards my car parked around back. This barn once held many secrets, now only holds painful memories. My heart sank even lower. My own personal God wanted to save me from myself... and I murdered his heart as if it didn't matter. Maybe I was scum.

"I wouldn't say scum. Disease, perhaps?" when I looked up towards his voice he was hovering above me, his face only an inch or two from mine.

"I pray it's contagious." I spit back, gritting my teeth.

I got into my dark blue Camry, cranking the ignition and locking the door as Frank pulls at the passenger handle. Smirking at my final upper hand, I look at him through the window. I almost want to victory dance at the scowl that replaced his grin.

You have wings. Keep up, angel.

I laughed as I pulled out of the parking lot, praying I'd hit him in the process. No such luck.

Slow down! I can't fly that fast!

Not my problem. I pushed the pedal towards 70, trying my hardest to get the fuck away from him and everything that now lay out of my reach.