Chapter 3 : Only You

It's not easy to walk away to someone who mean so much to you. Moving on is not an overnight process.

If only I could do that it would save me from too much misery and heartaches. Nothing much happened after my best friend went on a date with Colleen.

I came up with a lamest excuse because of my sudden disappearance in the park not that he would need me there.

Without my presence he was able to have a huge progress in winning Colleen's heart. My poor heart screamed in pain each time I saw them together. I'm freaking done of having a pity party every now and then because of Marcus.

"Hey, are you going to stare at the field for the entire day?"

I looked at my right side and saw him waving at me. He was wearing a white fitted shirt and black ripped jeans. He partner it with a black leather jacket.

He looked like he's the reincarnation of James Dean. Shit! He's always looking great as usual. Damn, how could I stopped freaking out every time he's near? Good thing, I didn't drop my jaw at the sight of him. That's a lot amount of practice to pull it off.

Here we go again, Nine. Put your best smile and act like everything is okay. You're good at it, right?

He moved swiftly its way to me. He flashed his signature grinned that most girls go gaga about him. He slammed to the chair next to me. Marcus gave me confused glance when I'm not giving out any reaction.

I couldn't make believe I'm feeling okay of what I'm going through especially the reason of my pain is right in front of me.

"Are we in a staring contest now? You could have told me." I rolled my eyes in response and ignored his presence.

He wrapped his arms around me and failed to stay away from me.

"Let go of me." I demanded while struggling to be free from his grasped. I stood up and attempted to walk away.

For I didn't know how to control my raging emotions and desire towards him. My heart knew I couldn't continue this charade anymore. Everything had to stopped.

He never listened to my plea and held me right close to his arms. The arms that I'm dreaming to be wrapped around when I needed his comfort the most. The only person I needed to hear and say that everything could be alright and love me without any reservation. Only if he's in love with me. But he wasn't that's my burden for such a long time.

"Hey, did I do something wrong?" He let me go but the curiosity is still on his face. "Tell me, I'm your best friend  I couldn't continue keeping myself in the dark without knowing what's going on with you?"

His eyes softened and shown concern to me. I wanted to be honest for myself once and tell him how I felt but that would be the end of our friendship if that happens.

The only thing I could do right now was stay away from him. I'm halfway successful in doing it not until he found me today. He didn't realize how weak I am when he's around and I'm losing my firm judgement to be swayed for his pleas.

"Please, I'm begging you. Leave me alone. " I whispered in a way it's only the two of us could hear.

He let go of me and didn't say a word. Why could he fall in love with me?  Am I not worthy of affection?