The Girl in the Box (Doctor Who)

I don't usually like authors notes but I'm going to do one anyway for some of my chapters! This is my first Doctor Who story on Wattpad and I hope it's good! (The story does get an awfully lot better, I promise you. This first chapter isn't my favorite, and I don't like it nearly as much as later chapters. So give it a chance, if you would.)
-Rose Noble
------------

The Daleks were storming through Gallifrey, shooting down Time Lords before they could regenerate. Our children were weeping as their parents were killed in front of them moments before the Daleks aimed their eye stalks towards them instead. An inferno blazed before my eyes and the blue rays of light, that meant another death, plagued the battlefield. The chaos abruptly stopped as the wheezing engines of the Doctor's TARDIS filled the silence.

She landed next to a wall with the words "No More" shot into it, materializing quickly so the Daleks couldn't prepare themselves.

A brilliant man stepped out of the bright blue police public call box and looked at me, beckoning me toward him.

"Gem, you need to get out of here. This war has become too dangerous, and it will be no more. Go to Earth, take my Vortex Manipulator," The Doctor begged of me. He was making me leave, he thought I couldn't handle the war.

"If you think I'm running, you're going to be disappointed. We may run, a hell of a lot, but never from things like this. You know I'm not scared," I cried to him. He can't let me go, I love him far too much for an ending such as this one.

"Gem, I'm sorry," the Doctor whispered to me. The Daleks were waiting patiently for the Doctor, so they could shoot a blue light and end everything.

"Doctor, I bloody hate you for this, and I'm sorry, too," I told him, before grabbing the wrist Manipulator and dialing the coordinates. My eyes were so full with tears that I couldn't type properly, so the Doctor did it for me.

"I'm sending you to the 20th century, 1996. I'll look for you there, I promise," he said to me quietly, before pushing the button. My world was gone, my Doctor, my precious Doctor.

I sucked in a huge breath and bolted out of my slumber, increasing my hearts' rate terribly. I slowly leaned back into my pillows and laid in my bed in sorrow for a few minutes. The Doctor never came for me, and it's been 11 years. I sighed heavily to make the sudden constricting weight on my chest go away, as it was causing my lungs to feel deprived. I practically rolled out of my warm covers. I wanted to stay in bed the rest of my Time Lady life and pray for the Doctor to find me. I had to get out of bed though, I knew had to go to work.

I dressed myself into my usual vest, which was red, and skinny jeans. I draped my black leather jacket over my shoulders and pulled my long red hair out from under the jacket. I pulled my side bangs back with a clip and put on minimal makeup to unnecessarily accent my TARDIS blue eyes, which had become a constant reminder of my loss.

I hated this regeneration's eyes, the familiar blue breaking my heart a little every time I saw them. The Doctor's bad memory that made him forget where it was when the chameleon circuit worked always gave me a laugh, it was a blessing when the thing "broke". We never lost the TARDIS again after I messed with the circuit while we were in 1950's London.

I was sipping an cold cup of tea from last night's brew when I got a text from Torchwood asking me to head in as soon as possible. I groaned and headed out the door, nearly forgetting my handy sonic ring. I snatched it off of my kitchen counter and walked to Torchwood across the street.

While I walked I remembered when I had come across my sonic jeweler device, how the Doctor snatched it off of a Malaysian Princess that had a technology hoard that wouldn't be invented for centuries. Turned out a mad Judoon was messing with time to get his buddies to notice and pick him up, which we gladly did in the end. I turned into Canary Wharf, scanning my ID and gaining authorization.