Date Night Gone Wrong

~~~~The Gemstone's POV ~~~~

The Cybermen standing in front of us stayed silent after my remark, which worried me. On a good day, a Cyberman would shoot us dead as soon as they saw us, but not this time. They were playing games with us, oh that's very clever.

"I don't want to play your bloody game," I shouted to them all, lying, I wanted to find out why they were acting like this.

"They must have some higher authority. They never act like this," the Doctor whispered in my ear, and I immediately caught on to his train of thought. Cybermen were the type to barge into battle without any plans besides increasing their numbers as they go and upgrading their systems, they wouldn't sit down with a cuppa and make elaborate plans. This was far too clever for them, but maybe not for a higher power.

"Alright, we've got the idea. Take me to your leader," I yelled at them all, hoping one would obey and lead us to another insane psychopath wanting our blood.

The Cybermen stayed motionless, as if they were just empty shells.

"I think they're empty," the Doctor mused, stroking his chin in thought.

"Don't do anything stupid," I called after him as he jumped towards the Cybermen.

"No promises," he muttered as he stood next to the closest Cyberman. "Stand behind me, Gem," he ordered, reaching for my hand behind him.

The Doctor put on his square, black-rimmed glasses and leaned in to inspect the Cyberman.

"Don't bother, they're not programmed to react," a voice called out, causing both the Doctor and I to jump back a few meters from the Cyberman.

"Glad to see the nose is doing better," I smirked when I saw all three receptionist standing on the platform where we had stood moments earlier.

"Just needed a splint," the receptionist with the broken nose hissed, gesturing to her swollen snozz.

"Glad to see you got it fixed, it was a pretty bad break," the Doctor winked at me playfully, causing me to laugh a little too loud. 

"So, why do you ladies have a faction of frozen Cybermen? All of your ex-boyfriends? A little harsh, isn't it?" I slung my arm around the closet Cyberman, knowing it wouldn't react if the women had them locked with a program. 

"Found a man on Sto who had them. Let's just say I knew what he liked," the leader, the one with the broken nose, flirted. Her eyes stayed on the Doctor's, and her sly grin grossed me out more than usual.

"That sounds. . . intimate," I shuddered, knowing what many of the men on Sto would ask for pay. 

"Oh, it was," the leader winked at the Doctor, mimicking what he had done to me earlier. 

"Who are you?" the Doctor swallowed, most likely hoping to ensure his voice wouldn't go an octave higher than normal. 

"I'm Irene," the leader with the broken nose and the off-white hair introduced herself. "This is Mary," Irene gestured towards the girl with light blonde hair, who seemed the nicest of the sisters. "And this is Molly," Irene pointed at the last triplet, with pure white hair pulled into a bun like the others. 

"I'm the Doctor, and this is my. . . er, companion, the Gemstone," the Doctor pulled me off of the Cyberman and into his arms in one swift mood. 

"We know who you are," Molly smiled down at us. The act of kindness chilled me to the bones, knowing that their family business wasn't saving people, like the Doctor and I, or going hunting. 

"Yes, of course. So that whole mirage thing was you three, wasn't it?" I asked the triplets, trying to stray from the topic of being an endangered race and how much weight that puts on our shoulders and so on.