EIGHT

Alden

"Kumusta po ang show  Sir RJ?"  Nes asked as I get on the van. 

"Okay lang, same show, different venue.  The only difference is that yung mga fans were asking for Maine."  I tell him,  this is the first time that I did an out-of-town show without my wife.

"Nes,  idaan mo muna ako sa condo ha."  MamaTen tells him.

"Ay sige po." He replied. 

"Kumusta pala yung breakfast nyo kanina?"  I asked.

"Ay ang saya po Sir RJ,  nakakatawa si Ma'am Maine kasi napagtripan si Manny at si Jason.  Kinakausap nya ng English tapos pag sinagot sya ng Tagalog kunwari di nya naintindihan kaya napipilitan yung dalawa na mag English."  He replied with a smile on his face. 

"Mabuti naman pala at nag enjoy kayong lahat." I look out the van's window and think of how I really miss my wife.

"Opo Sir,  ang bait bait po ni ma'am.  Kahit laking America po sya at may kaya sa buhay, hindi po iba ang turing nya sa amin.  Para din po kayo Sir, pareho po kayong mabait sa amin.  Pag nagkwekwentuhan nga po kami, lagi namin sinasabi na maswerte kami, kasi kayo  naging boss namin."  I smiled at his confession. 

I am glad that the staff think of us that way.  It makes me so proud of my wife too.  She is really a people person, a real charmer. 

"Kaya Sir maasahan nyo po, kaming lahat."  He continued.

"Mabuti naman kung ganon Kuya Nes, kasi sa ngayon we really need all the support that we can get.  Nagsisimula pa lang kaming dalawa and it's nice to have a strong support system."  I tell him.

"Ay RJ, speaking of support, nagsimula na ba kayo ni Maine na maghanap ng nanny?" MamaTen chimed in.

"Nag search na sya online, peros sabi ko mas maganda kung recommended ng kakilala di ba?  Minimal lang din naman ang magiging duties non e kasi sinabi na sa akin ni Maine na dahil she'll be a stay-at-home mom, hands on sya sa magiging anak namin."  I tell him.

And I am very glad that she decided to be a stay-at-home mom, since she doesn't really need to work for I can take care of her and our family but also because she has money coming from the properties in America, which is a lot. It is a whole lot that I think even if I don't work, it will still be able to support all of us and still live comfortably.

Our car pulled to a complete stop in front of the lobby of the condo MamaTen now lives in. As it  turned out, the condo Maine and I were renting before we moved in to our home, was up for sale. And when he found out, he asked us if it's alright to have his own place instead of him living with us.

You see, when I was single, he used to live with me and my family temporarily but now that I am married and starting my own family,  he thought that we would want to have our privacy. Maine and I are teasing him because for sure he was the one who wanted privacy.

Also, Maine insisted that we help him pay for it. Of course he refused the money, but Maine insisted and she told MamaTen that it's a bonus from us, for taking care of me and for his loyalty.  And besides family, help family.

"Oh wala kang schedule for tomorrow,  magpahinga ka ha or mag date kayo ni Maine. Hay salamat at pahinga din ako."  MamaTen said, getting out of the vehicle and walking th the condo lobby.