Storm

Part Three

An irritated Abhi was pacing in his room muttering to himself, I won’t leave this Chashmish alone today what does she think of herself uh, for the past 30 minutes I am waiting for her and she is busy helping for the evening party when there is enough servants here take care of all that but no madam has to provide helping hands to everyone. What is wrong with that Abhi? I was just making sure that everything is perfect on your success party. But you were avoiding me since morning.  I am not avoiding you Abhi, I was just busy now tell me what is the important matter you want to discuss with me? If Chashmish got to know that I lied to her then she will be mad at me, think something fast Abhi. What is the color of the dress you are wearing tonight and what about my dress? You know what you are crazy; you called me here to talk about your dress? Yes, selecting the dress for a party also takes time you know. You know that I  have kept the dress you are going to wear tonight on your bed  and I am wearing the sari you gifted me, if that is all you need then I am going Dadi is calling me. He curses himself for his own stupidity.
At the party, Abhi was chatting with a group of his friends the whole while he was trying to catch a glimpse of Pragya. In his mind, where is this Chashmish? The party has already started still there is no sign of her. Just then he sees Pragya coming downstairs, a smile appears on his face on seeing her whereas she was glaring at him. Now what happened why is she looking so angry? He was about to go to her when his friends stops him. After a while Pragya goes to where Abhi is standing. Hey Chashmish where were you till now? Without saying anything she grabs the drink in his hand and replaces it with juice. Hey Chashmish give me back my drink. No, alcohol is not good for health. Occasional drinking won’t harm my health Chashmish. Is that so, then I will return your drink to you after I ask Dadi okay. You are not going to say anything to Dadi Chashmish. When it is okay to drink Alcohol at home then why are you scared to inform Dadi? There is no need to inform Dadi as I don't mind in drinking juice. Okay I will not inform her this time but next time you won't get away so easily understand. He nods his head in agreement.
How can she talk to Abhi like this? Who does she think she is? And Abhi has kept correct nickname for her it suits her (snigger at her). Abhi blast at his friends, on seeing her tear filled eyes. Only I have the right to call her Chashmish do you get that and for rest of you she is Pragya Arora and he walks away from there in search of Pragya.
He shouted at us just because we teased her, how can he behave like that? If you tease his fiancée in front of him then off course he will get angry at you. They turn to see Aliya standing behind them. His FIANCEE, sorry Aliya we didn't know that. It’s alright guys just enjoy the party. What are you saying Aliya, you know very well that Abhi loves me. No Tanu you are wrong my Bhai only loves Pragya Bhabhi. I know my Abhi very well he only loves me not that behenji and I won't let that behenji steel away my Abhi from me. Don't try to insult my Bhabhi in front of me again Tanu or it won’t be good for you and for me my brothers happiness matters the most to me so I am giving you a final warning stay away from my Bhai and Bhabhi okay. Before the end of today party you will realize how wrong you were in supporting that behenji Aliya. So you are challenging Aliya Mehra, Tanu? Remember one thing Tanu Aliya Mehra never loses a challenge.
Hey Neel I need your help. Off course gorgeous anything for you? Aliya what do you want I will do it for you. You can't do this job Purab. You tell me first I will definitely do it. Is that so I want you to flirt with a girl for me can you do it. He looks at her shocked; she just smiles at him and turns to Neel. I want you to make Bhai jealous by dancing with Pragya Bhabhi okay. You are asking my help for this small matter I will finish this job within a jiffy. Stop praising yourself and do the job I have given you Neel. Just wait and watch sweet heart.  Aliya when are you going to see that he is a flirt? I know he has a flirting nature but he is has a good heart. Anyways you look so cute when you are jealous Purab and I love you. Smile appears on his face hearing this.
Hi Di, I am Neel Aliya's friend. Di will you help me please. I can only help you if you yell me what the matter is. Di Aliya has challenged me to dance with any girl present in the party today if not I have to do sit ups in front of my entire friend tomorrow and I don't know any girls here please Di will you dance with me? But I don't know to dance Neel. Don't worry Di; I won't let you fall please dance with me. Okay Nell. Thank you so much Di, hugs her.
Abhi who was worried for Chashmish had been searching for her when he sees her smiling and talking with a guy. Who is he and is she smiling at him. Abhi you are here, I have been searching for you so long and I want to talk to you about an important matter. Do you know what Aliya was saying about you to everyone...? Abhi wasn’t even listening to what she was saying to him, his eyes were on the pair before him, the hold on the glass in his hand tightens when he sees him hugging her and pulling her up to the dance floor.
Do you know Di, Aliya has changed a lot it is all because of you what magic did you do? I didn't do anything Neel. You are so modest Di and Bhai is so lucky to get a life partner like you in his life. Smile appears on her face hearing this. Neel who has been keeping an eye on Abhi's reaction slightly moves his to Pragya waist.  All his control snaps when he saw him placing his hand on her waist, Abhi push the drink in his hand to Tanu and marches up to Pragya.
He taped Neel's shoulder. Can I have a dance with her? Sure Bhai, Bhabhi is all yours. He pulls her roughly towards him and twirling to the music fast. Abhi dance slowly I am not a good dancer. What happened why you are so angry? You are asking me why I am angry uh it is because of you. What did I do Abhi? All this while you were dancing with that Neel you don’t mind him touching you but you have problem in dancing with me? Abhi you have it all wrong I don’t have any problem in dancing with you it is just that I am unable to dance so fast and Neel considers me as his sister Abhi and it is just a dance Abhi there is no need to become angry because of that. Do whatever you want i know very well that you don’t care about me. He walks away from there without even listening to her.
What did I do why is Abhi so angry at me? Because he doesn’t love you he loves me. Who are you and what nonsense are you talking about. I am Tanu Metha. Abhi and I love each other. No Abhi loves me. Have you seen your face in the mirror before do you really think that Abhi will love a girl like you behenji. He is a rock start and he won’t marry a girl of your status. You are lying, Abhi won’t cheat me. Unbelievable I thought you were a sensible girl and you will leave my Abhi alone once you know the truth but you are selfish girl are you not ashamed to create rift between two lovers. Abhi let you stay in this house out of humanity nothing else. If you have an ounce of self-respect left in you then go away from our life’s okay. She walks away from there. No this is not possible she lying Pragya but what if she is right? Abhi has never told you that he loves you, he didn’t defend you in front of his friends and also he is angry at you for dancing with Neel. Pragya what are you thinking did you forget how Abhi supported you during your difficult times how could you even think like this. Go and talk to Abhi all your doubts will be vanished soon.
Abhi was pacing back and forth in the garden. Abhi what happened to you why are you getting so angry on seeing Chashmish dance with Neel and why did you shout at her? She would have felt bad .Oh god what am I going to do now? How am I going to say sorry to her? Think Abhi. Tanu hugged him tightly from the back. Do you know how much I missed you Abhi, where were you all this time? Why didn’t you come to see me?  I forgot to tell you something Aliya was introducing that behenji as your fiancée to everyone today but I know that she is lying because I know that you love me so much and you are just playing around with that behenji right Abhi. He pried away her hand from his body and turns around to answer her. When he saw Chashmish, standing there with tear flowing down her cheek, before he could say anything she runs away from there. What is all this Tanu, have I ever proposed you before? No Abhi but... Then why the hell are you saying that I love you, get one thing straight Tanu I don’t love you and don’t you dare insult my fiancée in front of me again, bye Tanu, she holds his hand. Abhi you can’t do this to me, I love you Abhi. Don’t tarnish the word love by uttering it from you filthy mouth Tanu and I know everything that is going on between you and Nikhil. Abhi you are mistaken there is nothing there between me and Nikhil. I  am not mistaken Tanu I have seen everything with my own eyes and it will be better for you if you stay away from my family from now on otherwise the consequence won't be good for you understand. She nods her head in agreement.
Does this means that whatever Tanu told me were true but how can all the movements we spent together can be a game to him no I know Abhi he won’t betray me like this. My heart trusts him completely but my mind would not accept it, everything is so confusing I don’t understand what is real in my life anymore.  The room was spinning around me, the last thing I remembered before everything blacked out was somebody shouting my name.
  His heart missed a beat when he saw her standing at the edge of the stairways, holding her head with one hand, she wasn’t holding onto any support and it looks like she was about to collapse. He didn’t know how he reached her on time, but he caught her just as she collapsed and fell on his arms. He pats her cheeks, Chashmish open your eyes. Bhai what happened? Purab call the doctor immediately. He lifts her in his arms and took her to his room. After laying her carefully in the bed he sprinkled some water on her face. Chashmish open your eyes please, I know that you are angry with me fight with me if you want but please open your eyes. Abhi get hold of yourself, nothing will happen to our Bahu, see doctor is here and she will be fine soon. After checking her, Mr. Mehra she fainted because of stress and lack of food just make sure that she eats properly and try to keep her stress free it is not good for her health. I have given her medicines she will wake up after sometime and there is nothing to worry about okay I will take my leave now.
Abhi sits besides her holding her hand; everyone leaves the room so that they can rest peacefully. After a while Pragya slowly opens her eyes. Revealed on seeing that she is alright Abhi hugs her tightly. She was about to hug him back when she recalls his closeness with Tanu she disentangle herself from Abhi's hold. Abhi what happened why are you looking so worried? Are you planning to scare us all to death? Why are you talking like this Abhi? How do you think should I talk, because of your carelessness your health condition got worse and you fainted today, the consequences would have been severe if I had not reached you on time. Have you ever thought how I will survive if something happened to you. Why do you even care if something happens to me? Just because I am an orphan you don't have to be kind to me as I am nobody to you.  You already have a girlfriend and I don't like to be a thorn in somebody else life so it’s better if you stay away from me. What did you say Chashmish say it once more by looking into my eyes. When she refuses to look at him he holds her chin and makes her look at him.  How can you say something like this Chashmish, yes I accept that I was in love with Tanu before I met you but from the moment you entered my life has changed  completely, you gave a new meaning to my life Chashmish you are my everything  and I can't live without you Chashmish I love you a lot. Tears forms in her eyes hearing this she hugs him tightly. I love you too Abhi, I thought you really love Tanu that's why I spoke rudely to you I am sorry please forgive me. Okay I will forgive you on one condition. What condition Abhi Looks at him suspiciously seeing a mischievous glint in his eyes. You have to kiss me. Her cheeks turns red hearing his words, Abhi stop teasing me will you. Hey I am not joking I am serious and anyways there is nothing wrong in asking a kiss from my fiancée is it. Okay I will give you a kiss but you have to close your eyes first. He was bit shocked as he had never expected that she will agree to kiss him. He closes his eyes and she slowly moves away from Him, picks up the gorilla soft toy, and places it near his face. Abhi's come a little bit closer, a bit more Abhi.  He opens his eyes just as he was about to kiss the toy and shrieks seeing a gorilla face in front of him. Meanwhile Pragya was laughing so hard holding her stomach oh my God; Abhi your face was worth watching. You are making fun of me I will not spare you this time Chashmish runs behind her to catch her. After a while, Abhi sits down in the ground, with a sad face you won Chashmish I cannot run anymore looking at the floor. She comes near him and gives a quick peck on his cheek and runs away from there he looks after her with a smile fixed on his face.
         One year later on a stormy night, I received the second greatest gift of my life our little daughter DEEPAL (Our own bundle of joy). Our family has become complete today .

                        The End