Curiosity

Just another day happening as usual as I unlock my bike chain and pull my bike out of the bike stand and got on it. "hey, Jack, where are you heading off too?" I ask my friend as I see him walking down the school steps to a blue motorcycle. "Um, I'm off to a club thing, Rose." "When are we gonna hang out again, Jack?" "I don't know, Rose." He says as he walks to the motorcycle and gets on, revving the engine before shooting off. I watch it as it drives off wondering what club he is in that has limited our hanging out together like we used to do. As I bike to my mom's house, I think about how much Jack has blown me off for some type of club that he won't speak about at all. As I near my house, I realize that I can follow Jack tomorrow after school and see where he goes everyday. I smile to myself while I put my bike inside the garage and walk into the house through the side. "hey mom, I'm home" I say as I walk to the kitchen and hearing no response, I go into the kitchen to grab a snack and I see a note on the table with my name on it. "Rose, I will be away for a month due to a business trip coming up. I have spoken with Ms. Darby and you will be spending dinner every night while I am gone at Jack's house. Love, mom." I decide to head up stairs to work on my homework until Jack comes over.

3 hours later

I was in the living room watching some Harry Potter movies while waiting for Jack to show up. I hear a knock on the door and I walk to ti and I open it, seeing Jack standing right there. "Hey, my mom sent me over to tell you that dinner is ready" "sure Jack, I'll race you to your house." I say as I start running towards his house and I get there before Jack does. "ha I won." "only by a minute, Rose" he says as we walk into his house and to the kitchen. "Hi, Ms. Darby" I say as I see her at the table waiting for Jack and I. "Hi, Rose. Until your mom is back from her month long business trip, you'll be having dinner with us every night". She says. "I know, Ms. Darby. My mom mentioned it in the note she left for me today." "All right than." with that we eat dinner and afterward, Jack and I watch some Jeff Dunham before I leave to go to my house for the night. "See you tomorrow at school, Rose" "sure thing Jack, see ya." we both say as I depart his house and walk over to mine. I head up to my room and once I shower and get into my favorite rose printed pjs I get in bed and fall asleep until the morning sunlight woke up along with my alarm clock going off at the same time. I get up and shower, and get dressed in jean shorts and a tank top paired with sneakers and I put my hair up in a messy ponytail. I head down to the kitchen and eat some blueberry waffles and a glass of chocolate milk before grabbing my backpack and bike, heading off to school.

One boring school day later

I unlock my bike and wait to pedal till after Jack has ridden off and than I follow him to..the desert. I wait behind a rock waiting for Jack to reappear again. I end u dozing off for a awhile and it was the sound of cars racing by that woke me and I look to see where they came from and I see a open door in the side of a cliff. I hop on my bike and I pedal fast and I get inside just as it closes. 'whew that was close' I thought. I continue to pedal until I hit something hard and I fall off my bike. "Crap, my bike is ruined now. Just great." I say as I pull my bike back and see that the front tire is out of whack. "well, this is gonna be fun to fix. What did I hit?" I say as I look up and what I saw made me back away. "Holy...." "scrap?" the giant red and white robot says and I faint right there.