Chapter 6: Rising Tide

The scientists had come up with an invention to stop the powered kids. It was a huge black machine that had a zapper and a tank of materials. It was called "The Dream-i-zer".  "The Dream-i-zer will make someone's worst nightmare come to life. " explained one of the scientists. " All we have to do is capture the little brats and Boom! They're Dead!"

"Clever idea, Professor Drake.  But  then their nightmares will destroy our lab. Shouldn't we move it outside?"

"I should have thought of that." replied Professor Drake.

"What we need to do is build a machine to kill their powers" explained Mr. Clark.

"And how are we gonna do that?"

"We get a 747 and put it on an aircraft carrier and install a drill and have a remote that makes the drill go straight down once it lands. Nobody will be inside."
The scientists went straight to work.

        •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Joseph, Jimmy, Gina, and Ka-Non walked through the concrete courtyard and onto the lava bridge. The wood and ropes creaked as they were in the first five feet. Ka-Non went ahead of everyone else. There was a rumble. He stopped walking. Everyone else stopped, too. He turned around. He had a worried look on his face. "You've fallen into a trap!" There was another rumble.
"Ka-Non! No....!" The lava came up from underneath the bridge and formed a hand. Then it took Ka-Non  and put him on a ledge out of the area of the  lava. Jimmy could touch a mortal and they could freeze or get frostbite. Supers were not as easy to kill. Jimmy walked over and touched the lava figure. The giant's hand cracked as the lava figure tuned into a stone giant. The figure looked down to Jimmy. "Watch yourself, Young Ice King or you will be thrown down to the core."

"What did you do with Ka-Non?"

"Who is Ka-Non?"asked the giant, "I am Bouldergeist!"

The spot where Jimmy had touched BoulderGeist cracked and became solid red on both Jimmy and BoulderGeist. BoulderGeist screamed. BoulderGeist touched his scar with his hand. Clouds darkened in the sky. A fleet of flying Battleships was overhead. They heard a cannon shot. A gash appeared in Bouldergeist's foot. Bouldergeist jumped up. He grabbed a Battleship. He threw it at the armada like a baseball. The Battleships all turned to storm clouds once they were hit. Jimmy knew it was Martin's work. The wood split under BoulderGeist. He fell off the bridge and while falling grabbed the rope. Gina and Joseph ran off the bridge. Jimmy stayed. He looked at BoulderGeist one last time. BoulderGeist tried to grab Jimmy. The rope was coming loose.
"Jimmy! Get away from there!" shouted Joseph. But it was too late. The rope came loose and the bridge collapsed.

                 •••••••••••••••••••

It didn't take long for the scientists to build the 747. Once it was finished, The remote control aircraft was sent out on an aircraft carrier on the Atlantic Ocean. It had a camera in the front so the scientists could see how to control it. The plane landed on the aircraft carrier. Once parked, one of the scientists pressed the "drill" button on the remote. A loud rumbling noise shook the boat. Concrete and metal came up and was thrown into the ocean. Everybody panicked. The aircraft carrier was sinking. It  sank  as the scientist's plane returned to the fortress. Once it was back, the scientists put the camera on a shelf for all of their achievements. Some of their achievements included building an underground lab under the World War 2 battle areas like the one they had in East Germany. The lab in Germany had a big flag that looked like what was seen above the remains of Atlantis.

The aircraft carrier slammed at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean causing a airplane-sized ripple to make a 10-foot wave. Eventually, all of the stuff blew up and created a hole in the Ocean floor. Soon the scientists could stop the kids.

            ••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jimmy and BoulderGeist kept falling until Joseph and Gina heard a Lava Tsunami crashing against the sides of the rock ledges. They looked into the Lava Pit. Suddenly, a head popped up. It was Jimmy. Jimmy had forgot that he was not affected by  lava. "Jimmy," shouted Ka-Non "please come get me." Jimmy made ice steps out of water vapor. He walked up to where Ka-Non was. Ka-Non kept sliding ,so Jimmy put snow on the stairs. Eventually, they got back to where Joseph and Gina were. Jimmy made an ice bridge to get across. It could only manage two hundred pounds at a time, so they went one by one to get across.  Then as Joseph was crossing a loud scream was heard. He looked back. He saw Gina being kidnapped by Professor Drake. Joseph and Professor Drake knew each other from a long-lost memory. "Long time, no see. I guess you've been hanging around with these darn brats." said Professor Drake with a smirk on his face.
"They're my friends! They are not brats!" said Joseph angrily.

"I'll just take your girlfriend here inside and teach her a lesson."

"No. Leave her alone. It's me you want."

"How nice of you to try and save her. Let's make a bargain. You'll come with me alone if I let her go."

Without thinking, he said " It's a deal!"

" Joseph, how do you know him?" asked Jimmy.

Joseph looked back at Jimmy.      " He is my father."