The outing

Today is the annual outing. Al is bringing Autumn and the others are bringing friends and close family members.

The outing is also how we recruit new people to make the gang bigger. Everyone who knows how to use a gun knows about it.

I wear the usual, black. Al wears the same and so is Autumn. It never occurred to me that I might like Al until today. I mean how can I not, he's like a less cuter version of Shawn Mendes but a cuter version of Charlie Sheen. Do you get the picture? I hope so.

As I was on my way to pick up Autumn and Al I saw a familiar face in the car next to me. Guess who it was. If you guessed Carson you are wrong. If you guessed Ryan you are wrong. If you guessed Audrey, ding ding ding, we have a winner.

I texted Ryan that I saw her while at a red light.

Me: Guess who I saw
Ryan: Who?
Me: Audrey
Ryan: Are you serious? I told her that I never wanted to see her face again since she messed with my brother and my niece and told her to never come back
Me: I don't get it. She left them and now she might want to be in their lives again
Ryan: Same here
Me: Ok I gotta go I'm at the light near the park
Ryan: ok I'm going to text Carter about Audrey so we can have eyes and ears all over Las Angeles
.
I arrived at their house shortly after my conversation with Ryan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we arrived at the location (abandoned church building) Al took Autumn out of the baby carrier while I grabbed the diaper bag.

It felt so natural to grab a diaper bag while the man ( in this case Al) grabbed the baby. I mean it kinda feels like something I should be doing.

"Hey Al"

"Yea"

"Would you look at me differently if I told you I wanted a kid?"

"No. If you want a kid you should just marry me already."

"You're kidding right?"

"Not a bit"

Next thing I knew he put Autumn in the baby carrier and got on one knee while pulling something out of his pocket.

"Rilynnd Marie Anderson, will you take this promise ring and be my girlfriend?"

Autumn went silent while waiting for me to answer.

"Al, I would be honored to be your girlfriend on one condition."

"What is it?"

"You don't call me bae."

"Ok sugarplum fairy."

"Or that."

"Fine with me babe."

He pulled me in for a kiss. Autumn started to clap. I swear for a premature 5 month old baby she sure knows a lot.

Al grabbed the carrier and my hand and walked us to the church. When we walked in everyone went silent and had their jaws dropped. The first to come over was Autumn's godfather Zack.

"What took you so long to ask her out?"

"I wanted to make sure she felt the same way first."

"Can I hold my goddaughter now? I've been dying to hold a bundle of cuteness."

"Um, do you even need to ask Zack? You're one of the only 4 people who cared about her and me when Audrey left."

"How is she doing? I mean after she left with Paul."

"Speaking of Audrey, guess who I saw on my way to pick you guys up."

"You didn't."

"I did."

"Everyone can I have your attention please Autumn's mom is back in town and I don't want her to see Autumn so I need everyone's help. If you see her text me or Rylie. Thank you."

The doors to the church opened and there stood the girl of the hour.   Audrey.