Chapter 13

PRECAP: After everyone had left, Swara fell to her knees and finally broke down. She was now totally broken. Sharmistha tried to console her, but she couldn't. Swara was now not the same old Swara that always had determination in her eyes. She had lost the most precious and dearest person in her life. She saw no hope for her future with him in his eyes. She cried loudly that day reminiscing her life with Sanskar. She remembered everything; how he had always stood by her side and reassured her, he had always protected her, and then she remembered how he loved her immensely. She thought, he hates me so much now only because of my mistake, its because he loved me so much and I was the one who deceived him and left him alone in the end. She blamed herself. She was paining. Her heart was hurting like it never had before. With that she blacked out and fell into her mother's arms.

Sharmishta: "SHONA... SHONA wake up!" She screamed.

Shekar: "Swara beta, wake up... Nikhil can you grab some water!" He was panicking trying to make chotu stop crying and trying to wake Swara up.

Nikhil ran back from the dining table to where Swara had collapsed. Sharmishta started sprinkling water onto Swara's face, but Swara didn't wake up. They got worried and Nikhil advised that they take her to the hospital, so they left from there after leaving chotu with the neighbor. Sharmishta and Shekar had seen Swara longing to be with Sanskar in the past few months and regretting her decision about leaving him that day, but she always kept a smile on her face in front of them. They were proud of their daughter, she had held hers and Ragini's life together, but today they were shattered seeing her state.

Once arriving to the hospital, the doctor asked them to wait outside the room. As they were waiting, Shekar received Ragini's call.

Ragini: "Baba, is Swara not home? She isn't picking up my phone. I was worried about her after what happened earlier." She sounded concerned.

Shekar: "Uh, actually beta she is not at home." He said not wanting to tell her where they were.

Ragini: "Where did she go Baba, I am worried about her. She doesn't like to share her pain with anyone and I don't know what she will do after today."

Sharmishta now took the phone from Shekar and informed Ragini about Swara being in the hospital, but she advised her not to let anyone else there know. Ragini started to panic and told them she would come right away. Ragini informed Laksh and he told her he would accompany her. As they were leaving, Sanskar saw them and wondered where they were headed, but Ragini stopped Laksh from saying anything.

Ragini: "Don't worry about what we are doing Sanskar. Just worry about yourself. Because of you my sister..." She abruptly stopped.

Sanskar: "Your sister what?" He questioned confusingly.

Ragini: "It is none of your business. You don't want her in your life anymore anyways." She said and walked out to the car.

Sanskar stopped Laksh though. "Lucky, what happened? Why is Ragini so mad at me? Its mine and Swara's personal matter na?"

Laksh: "Actually Sanskar... after we left Swara collapsed and just wouldn't wake up at home. So they took her to the hospital, and Ragini umm... she umm... sort of blames you for anything that happens to Swara..." He said as he left behind his wife.

Sanskar went numb. Why and how did he always end up hurting her if he started thinking about himself? Was he wrong in his decision? No, he wasn't, but she was suffering because of him. However, he knew that he hadn't whole-heartedly forgiven her, so he didn't want to give her false hope of their relationship going back to what it used to be. He thought hard and long if he should go to the hospital or not. He sat in his car and drove to the hospital, but he didn't have the guts to go inside. He cared for her immensely and still loved her, but he was not ready to get hurt again. His mind and heart were at battle with one another. He sighed and just sat in his car outside the hospital. Finally, he left after thinking that her whole family is with her anyways.

Hospital

Ragini ran towards Swara's room followed by Laksh.

Ragini: "Maa, Baba how is Swara? Did she wake up?" But her parents were still worried and didn't acknowledge her questions.

Nikhil: "No she hasn't, not yet. The doctors said that she is very depressed... He said he can't believe we didn't see it earlier. The doctor said she hasn't been eating properly or sleeping. She has been stressed out and the sudden turn of events today was the last straw. Her body couldn't take it anymore and it sort of shut off."

Ragini was shocked. Her sister had been suffering so much on the inside that she had done this to herself. How could I not see it when I was with her all of the time, thought Ragini. She stepped back and sat down disheartened that her sister didn't share her pain with her. Laksh sat next to her and held her hand assuring her nothing would happen to Swara, but all Ragini was thinking of was how Swara had kept a strong front up this whole time.

After awhile the doctor came out and informed the family that they would keep Swara under observation for the night, as she was still weak and needed the IV to get some nutrients into her. He said that she would wake up the next day, because they had given her medicine that kept her sleepy as she needed proper rest. He also advised them that they need to help her with whatever is on her mind, so that she stops harming herself.

The doctor asked that only one person accompany her during the night and that the rest of them can come back in the morning. So it was decided that Ragini would stay with Swara. After everyone left, Ragini had fallen asleep on the couch in Swara's hospital room.

After awhile, someone entered Swara's room. It was Sanskar. He quietly sat down next to Swara and held her hand.

Sanskar's thoughts: She looked so fragile. Swara what have you done to yourself? I didn't know you were this weak. You used to be so strong when you were with me, always fighting with me and protecting everyone. This is why I can't stand you. You take care of everyone except for us and now when I want you to realize this, you fall apart. Why Swara? I guess its been hard for both of us in these past few months. I turned to alcohol for help, but you couldn't do that so you just suffered internally. Swara I'm sorry... I'm really sorry for not being able to take you back right now, I just need you to give me time. Thats all I need, some time to heal, some time to love you again as I used to before, and some time to adjust to everything. I'm sorry again Swara and I love you.

Sanskar then kissed her forehead and walked out of the room. He headed to the doctor's office and spoke to him about Swara's condition. After knowing that Swara would wake up tomorrow, he felt better. He asked the doctor to not tell anyone he was here, after which he left.

The next morning Swara woke up. She needed the rest and felt a bit more fresh when she woke up. She got startled seeing her surrounding but when she saw Ragini on the couch, she called for her.

Ragini: "Swara, your awake!" She said in a calmer tone than last night.

Swara: "Ragini obviously I am awake... duh.." She laughed.

Ragini: "You scared us!" She slightly hit Swara's shoulder.

Swara: "Ouch! I am going to tell Baba! By the way where is everyone?" She tried acting normal as possible to make Ragini not worry about her. She knew she had startled everyone.

Ragini: "They are on their way and they are so mad at you! You haven't been eating, sleeping, or taking care of yourself Swara..."

Swara: "Hmm... I'm sorry."

Everyone arrived then, scolded her for her carelessness, and finally took her home after the doctor warned her to keep herself healthier. However, the one person Swara waited for (obviously Sanskar) never showed up.