Chapter 3

^^^WHAT I IMAGINE THE MANSION TO LOOK LIKE 🇬🇷

The sun was blazing out, and I was more than grateful for the dress that I had on. I found out that we were actually in Greece. The mansion where we were staying is where Grier grew up before it was left to her by her now deceased parents.

I was surprised that Aramis had bothered to tell me all that he had. I learnt that his only living grandparents are his father's parents, and that he's closer to his mother's side of the family because, of his siblings, he's the only one who grew up in Greece.

His siblings grew up in London, which also means that he doesn't really have that many childhood memories with them. He's closest to Artemis, but only because they've 'crossed paths' the most. Gigi loves teasing him, and he doesn't have much of a relationship with his youngest sister Zena.

"Where would you like to eat?" he asked once he'd helped me out of the car.

"Anywhere really. I have never been to this part of Greece, so I wouldn't know where we are," I replied.

Without so much as a nod to acknowledge my words, he turned around and started walking. I assumed that meant to follow him, which I did. The man was walking too fast, and by the time he walked into a restaurant, I was out of breath.

He looked at me in confusion before his confusion turned to regret. I shook my head to stop him from saying anything. He sighed and turned to the maître d, allowing me to catch my breath. The two of them spoke rather rapidly, and I had no clue what they were saying.

The maître d nodded before leading us to a table. Aramis opened the chair for me, and I took a seat before he sat across from me. I was expecting to be given a menu, but Aramis spoke to another man who had joined us and was seemingly taking notes. The two men then left us.

"I took the liberty of ordering for us," he informed.

"Thank you, but I'm perfectly capable of ordering for myself," I replied.

"I know that, but the menu is in Greek," he said.

"That menu is in English," I countered, pointing to the said menu.

He looked frustrated. "Alright fine! I was saving time by ordering for us both."

"You're forever in a rush. Why is that?" I asked.

"In my line of work, I have to be. Information only stays relevant for so long," he replied.

I shot him a look. "I'm pretty sure you know I don't really believe that statement, but ok."

"We're going to be here for quite a while. Is there anything you have to attend to that you can from here?" he asked.

"Nope! I have a feeling I'm going to get fired from my job, which really means my ties are cut from the States," I replied.

He frowned. "What about your husband?"

"Zayn? What about him?" I asked.

"Don't you want to check in with him?" he asked.

"And say what? By the way I'm alive?" I asked in confusion.

He looked taken aback by my response. "Has he ever hurt you like that before?"

"No, but then again, my father was still alive then," I replied, looking towards the window.

"Are you saying he tried to kill you because of your inheritance?" he asked.

I looked back at him just as our food arrived. "You're a smart man Aramis. You saw how angry those people were about my father's will. I am nothing to them, and none of them would think twice about killing me if it meant they'd get this money. I am no one, and I have no one. I am just a really wealthy lonely woman."