Chapter 3

I awkwardly stood next to Gray as he talked to his friend; someone he met in university, I wasn't really paying attention. Suddenly, the tall blond turned to me and gave me a smile, offering his hand.
"I'm Royce, Gray's told me loads about you, (y/n), is it?" I just nodded at him, taking his hand and shaking it calmly, trying to avoid too much social interaction.
He turned back towards Gray, raising an eyebrow, the dark haired male leaning towards him and not-so-subtley whispering, "She's really socially awkward." causing me to glare at him and roll my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest.
"Anyway, are you getting Dishonored 2 on the 11th?" (A/N: sorry, I've just been screaming about this for pretty much the past 2 months. I can't fucking wait for this game to come out and I might as well mention it ^_^) the blond asked Gray and at the mention of Dishonored 2 my head immediately shot up, almost as if someone played a G note on the piano, and I looked towards Royce. "Well, I see someone has good taste in games." he chuckled in response to my sudden actions.
"Yeah... I just really enjoyed the first one and it's probably one of my favourites... Sorry..." I nervously rubbed the back of my neck and smiled.
"No need to apologise, it's one of my favourites, too." he smiled, making me gradually feel more at ease in his presence. "So, I hear you're a singer and guitarist." My head once again shot up at his statement in pure shock, what makes him think I'm a singer? "Oh, Gray told me that you could play guitar and had a really nice voice. I've actually got a band and we need a singer, and another guitarist wouldn't hurt. What d'ya say?" I just blinked, still completely awestruck. Sure, this is the perfect opportunity to fulfill my brother's wishes, but can I trust him and his friends? The only one that knows about my past and real occupation is Gray... "It's cool if you don't want to or don't know yet, just give me an answer ASAP, or we'll get a singer before you get the chance. Anyway, I've got a lecture in 10 minutes, I should really head over. Nice meeting ya! Bye!" And with that, he ran off and left me and Gray sitting in the coffee shop finishing our orders.
"You should take it, you know." I looked over at Gray, his face serious; something rather rare. "This may be the only opportunity you get to fulfill your brother's requests, and Royce is a good guy, I think you'll become really good friends if you started talking to people other than me. I ain't gonna be around forever, y'know." he sipped his coffee, looking over at me curiously.
"I know, I know. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to trust people yet, they've screwed me over in the past. I don't like them."
"Well that's not fair, have you met all of them?"
"No, but I've met enough of them. People; what a bunch of bastards." (A/N: This chapter is honestly just filled with references.) he just rolled his eyes at my statement, finishing his coffee before taking out his phone and checking the time, sighing.
"It'll get dark soon, we should head home." I just nodded and got up, checking my phone to see a text from Irina, it read:
'hey, (y/n). It's been a while since we last talked and I want to make sure you're okay. You know, I'm working as an agent with the government now and I'm sure they'd gladly accept you if you wanted a job other than assassination. Please text back, Karasuma, the brats and I are all worried about your well-being. We just want to know that you're alive and well, we care about you despite what you may think. Please reply.'
I just ignored the message,putting my phone on standby and putting it back in my pocket. "Irina again?"
"Yep."
"You should really respond, y'know."
"Sure thing, mom." he just rolled his eyes playfully and we soon reached the apartment building, sitting down on the couch the second we got in. "Oh yeah, Gray."
"Hm?"
"I've got a new song, can you listen to it? I value your opinion." he just nodded and you went to get your (f/c) guitar, sitting down on the couch and making sure you're comfortable before starting to play the chords and soon singing along,
"Don’t panic
No not yet
I know I’m the one you want to forget
Cue all the love to leave my heart
It’s time for me to fall apart

Now you’re gone
But I’ll be okay
Your hot whiskey eyes
Have fanned the flames
Maybe I’ll burn a little brighter tonight
Let the fire breathe me back to life

Baby, you were my picket fence
I miss missing you now and then
Chlorine kissed summer skin
I miss missing you now and then
Sometimes before it gets better
The darkness gets bigger
The person that you’d take a bullet for is behind the trigger
Oh
We’re fading fast
I miss missing you now and then

Making eyes at this husk around my heart
I see through you when we’re sitting in the dark
So give me your filth
Make it rough
Let me let me trash your love

I will sing to you every day
If it will take away the pain
Oh and I’ve heard you got it, got it so bad
'Cause I am the best you’ll never have

Baby, you were my picket fence
I miss missing you now and then
Chlorine kissed summer skin
I miss missing you now and then
Sometimes before it gets better
The darkness gets bigger
The person that you’d take a bullet for is behind the trigger
Oh
We’re fading fast
I miss missing you now and then

Oh
Now and then
Now and then
Now and then

Baby, you were my picket fence
I miss missing you now and then." finishing off final chords I looked up at Gray, preparing for any criticisms he may think are necessary.
"I changed my mind, now I'm certain that you should join Royce's band." I smiled up at him, making my final decision; I'm going to fulfill my brother's wishes for me. I'm going to do something that actually makes me happy.