Here's to the new beginnings

Jennifer's POV

''C'mon Kenzo we're gonna miss our flight'' I yelled to my best friend across the room packing my suitcase.

''I'm coming, calm down'' she said dragging her stuff to the front door.

We stood at the front door, checking if we packed everything and gave the apartment, which was home for the past 2 years, one last look. I locked the doors and gave our keys back to Mr. Anderson our landlord. We hurried downstairs, taxi already parked in front, and the driver was nice enough to put our suitcases in the trunk.

Kenzo: oh my god Jenn, I can't believe we're leaving. Finally!

Jenn: I know right? It was a long time coming

Kenzo: just a few more hours, and we will start a brand new life. We really need a fresh start.

Jenn: Cheers to the new beginnings.

As I said that we bumped our fists together and then turned our heads looking at our town dissapearing behind us.

**AT THE AIRPORT**

the ride to the airport was quiet, only music playing from the radio. We took our bags and hurried inside. Vancouver airport is fairly big, but we were here a few times before so we knew which way to go. We showed our plane tickets to the lady at the front, and we checked in our bags, now waiting for the flight. We went to Starbucks to get some coffee and muffins. We were talking when we heard our flight number through the intercom. We quickly got up and walked towards our gate. We found the seats and got comfortable since our flight is 11 hours long.

A few minutes after we took off, I looked over to where Kenzo was, and she was sound asleep.

...Me and Mackenzie have been friends for a very long time. We met in the kindergarten and we are inseparable ever since. We did everything together, we partied, went to the same school and had a lot of sleepovers. We love the same TV shows, movies, music, clothes, make-up, the only thing we didn't have in common was our taste in men. It's the only thing we never fought over.

So now at 22 we are finally moving to London. We lived in a very small town in Vancouver all of our lives, we felt suffocated. We always dreamt of moving away, where we could start fresh and no one knew our faces.

As I thought back on our memories, I played myself a few movies on a screen in front of me, then I heard a flight attendant announcing that we will land soon. I turned to my right and saw Kenzo woke up. Few minutes later we landed at Luton airport. We picked up our suitcases and then head straight towards the bus stop. The bus drive from the airport to Victoria station took about 45 minutes.

England was amazing. This was our first time here, and we were really impressed. Everything was so different from our hometown. It was such a different feeling not knowing anybody and no one knowing us. It was nice for a change.

We bought tube tickets and went to Kensington, which is where our apartment was. It was not a long ride and the underground was easy to figure out.

'' What's the flat number again?'' Kenzo asked me while we dragged our suitcases in to the building.

''it's 28'' I said searching for our keys.

We finally reached the second floor and found the apartment number 28. I unlocked the door and we stepped into our new home. We left out suitcases at the front door and went to look around.

 We left out suitcases at the front door and went to look around