0.2; day off

a/n: gonna start doing first person now I'm sorry you all had to witness this

Anna

"And then I was like 'Woah man, I don't wanna' see your penis!' But hey, that's the last time they'll see me at that book club. You should go with me to look for another hobby today! Aren't you off?" Jean's loud ass voice boomed through the speaker of my phone without it even being on speaker. I sat in front of the fridge looking for something to eat. Usually I would just grab food from the station but since I didn't have to work today, I was left to choose between a half can of Spam and close to expiration milk with stale Cheerios. 

"Uh yeah I am but girl, it is way too hot to be out of the comfort of my aircon right now. Which sucks like the dicks you suck on the weekend because I have deadass no food."

"All the dick I suck on the weekends? How dare you shame my hoe festivities! As you would know, I am now invested in the world of books so hmm interesting."

"Jean. Shut. Up." I met Jean when we were both puking in the same toilet at a lame ass frat party that had hella booze and one bathroom. We've been inseparable ever since. "Oh shit I forgot to tell you!"

"SPILL THAT TEA, BITCH!"

"Remember those really cute guys that Luke and Ashton brought over that time we went bowling?"

"You mean the emo and the Hawaiian? What's their names again?"

There was a carton of orange juice hiding in the way back of the fridge. It was eight days old but I mean how bad could it be? I took a swig to it and it tasted like an orange left out in the sun which means it tasted like shit but who cares. The light from the fridge was starting to blur my vision. "Uh, I think it's like Michael and Carlos or something like that," I was lying. I knew their names perfectly, but I promised myself to forget the boys after that one night.

I screwed the cap back on and placed it in the fridge while making my way into the living room of the apartment, "I would ask Luke but he's still downtripping like I've never seen. But anyway- they started working at the station like two weeks ago. I don't know how I forgot to tell you."

The sound of a car engine starting on the other end of the phone ignited an overwhelming feeling of anxiety. She better not be doing what I think she is. "I know damn well you're really not trying to drive while on the phone with me."

"You have the ears of a damn hawk. I'm heading over. See ya, hoe bag!" The phone call finally ended after a whole four hours. She called me at 6am at the ass crack of dawn to talk to me about The Flash which she stayed all night watching.

The apartment I stayed in was too small when it was home for two people but now that I'm alone, the space is way too big. Cleaning it by myself every day was annoying yet calming. So as I soon finished sweeping, mopping, wiping, and washing- sitting down and relaxing was the only thing I wanted to do.

"Nothing can be better than this," I propped my feet up on the couch and finally had a moment to just relax and finally enjoy my day off.

The doorbell rang and no other than Jean's loud ass voice said from the other side, "Open up! We have to do our weekly cry to A Walk to Remember!"

At least she brought food.

-

Calum

"And then she was like 'woah man! I don't wanna' see your penis!' Yeah dude my mom swore to never create a book club ever again. Anyway, I'm sick as fuck."

I was sitting down on my couch not really paying attention to Michael telling his stupid story but the minute he said that last sentence I shot up. "You're sick? What does that mean?" He always did this. Start out indirect before he hit me with a mess that I ended up cleaning up in the end.

"ItmeansIcan'tgointoworktodayandneedyoutocovermyshifttonight," he said way too fast like he was a fucking rapper.

"All I heard was can't, work and cover shift and all I'm going to say is hell no."

"Come on. Pleeeeeeeeeease."

I sighed and put my head in my hands. Michael and I have been best friends since I woke up next to him in my bed after a party at my house. We were convinced for a month that we slept together and had to stay together since Michael thought he was pregnant. Even after we found out he was in fact not, we were still inseparable. So after all these years of knowing him, I already knew that he knew that I knew that he once he decided on something he wasn't going to change his mind. And in this case; he decided not to go to his first shift at our new job.

"Fine I'll cover for you."

"GOD BLESS YOU, LITTLE MAN."

"Who do you have a shift with?" Jone's Pumpin Gas Station became an option for Michael and I after he broke his Xbox and left us with nothing to do with our days. His mom told us to either get jobs to get a new one or stay bored. Its a lose-lose situation.

"Anna."

"Anna?"

"Yeah, the one Luke intro-"

"No, yeah, I know but really?" 

 "Why do you sound like that," I just roll my eyes at him knowing what he's getting at. "You like her, don't you?" 

 I'm thankful that he wasn't here to witness this stupid blush I can feel on my face. There was no denying that she was pretty great even though I've only hung out with her a few times. I haven't talked to her in a while. But still, I worked with her now and I couldn't let Michael know since he would make every time I was with her more awkward than I would. 

 "I don't, you piece of shit. What time though?"

"That's the thing..." 

 The sound of my mom pulling into the driveway caused me to rush to put on some clothes and look like I was being productive. I stopped when Michael finished his sentence. 

"It's a graveyard shift." 

 Fuck.

A/N: YALL THIS IS SO BAD FUK LOL

 HAHAHHAHA WHY IS THIS TRASH