Part one

Cassie walked down the snow covered, dirt trail which led into the woods. She was licked her jaws. She hadn't eaten in days and she was starving. Her pack had randomly vanished one night and left her all alone. She hasn't had much experience for surviving on her own, for she had grown up in the United Wolves Clan. Or as many like to call it, Fierce Wolves. But either way Cassie was nervous to spend her fourth day on her own. She had no idea where she was going, for her scenting was a bit off. The smell of death and fear was in the air. Cassie felt tired as she slowed down into a walk. nothing unusual was happening. Just Cassie felt tired. She lay down in the frozen snow. She licked her jaws and fell asleep

As soon as night came, morning dawned. Cassie stood up and kept walking in the direction of the pack's scent. Her stomach felt empty. It twisted and turned and it began to tie in a knot. Just then Cassie heard rustling in the bushes next to her. She looked over her shoulder. Just then a big black shape jumped out and lunged towards her. He tackled her down and began to lick her face "Cassie!" He yelped. Cassie tilted her head in confusion. Then she remembered "Jack!" She yelped as she pushed the black wolf off her. "Where have to been?" Howled Cassie "I've been looking for you. I joined Marble's pack a few months ago when we got separated. Then yesterday she got the news that you lost your pack. So she sent me out to find you and bring you back. She wants to see you." He growled. "Oh great! A pack. Lets go." Barked Cassie. "No. We can't go. Marble doesn't want you in her pack. She wants you dead!" He whined. "Cassie stopped walking a circle. She sat down "Marble. My own mom wants me dead. How? How could she want me dead?" Whined Cassie as she lay down and and rested her head on the fore paws. Jack sat there looking nervously at his litter sister. "I don't know why. But we shouldn't go." He whined.