Academy City

Mikoto opened her eyes. Was she dead? Was she dreaming? she could not tell.....but something did feel...familiar. Almost as if she had breathed this air a long time ago. As if where she was now was both an old friend and a long time enemy.  Was this what death was like? Mikoto groaned and got up from her facedown position on the rocky ground. She looked around. It seemed that they were in some sort of construction site, metal gurdurs were everywhere as if the construction had only just started. Bulldozers were sitting silently on the side of the lot.

Wait a second......if Mikoto knew anything about Fiore architecture, it was that no one in that world used bulldozers or cranes. Which meant...this wasn't Fiore. Cars ran past the vacant lot. The skyscrapers of that city had a futuristic look to them, and strange cylinder like robots were running around the streets, cleaning up any litter. And most of the people, they were all highschoolers, middle schoolers, college students, and elementary age children. This place............Mikoto knew this place.

"I-I'm home!" Mikoto said. "I-I can't believe it. I'm actually home!!"

Suddenly Mikoto heard a groaning sound and she whirled around quickly. Lying all around her unconscious, were all her friends. Black Whisper, Zvesda, and Aqualas were nowhere in sight. And Master Markorav was sitting in the middle of the scene with his legs crossed and his eyes closed as if in some sort of deep meditation.

"Oh," said Markorav opening his eyes. "It seems like you're awake. Good, it doesn't seem like anyone was hurt."

"M-master!" said Mikoto. "What just happened!?"

Markorav sighed. "Aleister happened........he's been pulling the strings behind this incident the whole time. He used Black Whisper's Teleportal ability to his advantage and used his psychic overload to bring us here. I don't know what his goal was....but, we had best be careful......My it's been a long time since I have breathed the air of this world...."

Suddenly the others stirred and began to get up.

"Owwwww......" said Happy. "It hurrrrtsss.....must....have fish."

Natsu stretched his arms and yawned. " Whoaaah!! Where are we!?"

"Wherever we are.." Said Gajeel who had picked up one of the iron gurdurrs and was chomping on it like a sandwich. "The iron here tastes pretty good."

"Does that mean the fish here will taste good too?" Asked Happy, his eyes sparkling.

"Honestly." said Charle sighing. "Is fish all you think about?"

"I can't see why I would need to think about anything else!" Said Happy cheerfully.

"It's so big." said Lucy staring at the skyscrapers. "I didn't know there were cities with buildings that high. What do you think Mikoto?.......Mikoto?"

Mikoto wasn't paying attention, she was digging through a trash can nearby looking for a newspaper. Finally she found what she was looking for and looked at the date on the paper. It said April 20th, a little more then 2 months since she was last in Academy City. Mikoto could just imagine how worried all her friends must be........

"Hey!" Lucy said waving her hand in front of Mikoto. "Are you all right?"

"Lucy.......I'm back......after 2 months I'm really back."

Lucy just looked at Mikoto not understanding for a moment. Suddenly her eyes widened. "Wait! This is Academy City!!!??"

"So this is the place with all the espers and stuff!?" Said Natsu looking around left and right with enthusiasm. "COOL!!!"

Natsu ran over to a student who was just passing by the construction site. A girl who looked around 16.

"Hey!!" shouted Natsu. "Are you an esper!?"