Chapter 2: The River

Dawnzy and Azekeo followed each other up until they reached the river. "Now remember," Azekeo began. "Don't fall for any tricks and stay away from the dangerous river."

"Azekeo, I can swim. In fact I'm the best swimmer here," Dawnzy growled.

Azekeo sighed. "Alright, okay. Now go, but avoid the river."

Dawnzy didn't know why she had to avoid the river. She flicked her striped tail in farewell and bounded over the tiger territory. The tigers were a large group of tigers that didn't live together, but weren't enemies. They hunted for themselves, but if there was extra it was given to others. The tiger territory had enough prey for everyone, even some extra. The tiger territory also had a large hole that was made long ago by humans. The tigers use the pit for bad animals, like evil panthers or criminally insane cheetahs.

As the female tiger walked around, she spotted the river. She knew she should avoid it, but curiosity provoked her good mind. She snuck towards it and saw lots of humans by it. They were fishing. Dawnzy roared and ran down, ready to defend her home. The humans screamed and ran off, leaving a bin of fish. The bin had water, so Dawnzy grabbed it and dumped it into the river to free the fish. She was hungry but knew of a great gazelle hunting spot nearby outside tiger territory.