Talk to Me

Henry Danger One Shot
Chenry
Talk to Me

(A/N): The last time I updated this story, I was excited beyond belief to have reached 800 reads.

Now, we're over 7K.

Insanity!! Thank you all so much for your support, and of course, your patience with me... haha. Without further ado, I present you with another one shot. I hope you all enjoy!

-

          Henry hadn't spoken to anyone in days.

          It was frustrating, but more than anything else, it was painful. I couldn't stand to see him like that, broken and changed. He wasn't Henry anymore.

      Henry was always cracking jokes, always being weird and funny and sometimes eerily smooth. He was the one who made everyone look on the bright side. He had a good heart. He didn't deserve to have it be broken.

But Bianca changed that. It was almost four years that they dated without a single problem. Everyone thought they were the perfect couple - Swellview's sweethearts, if you will. But I knew better. From the moment Bianca kissed Henry as Kid Danger, I knew something fishy was going to happen, sooner or later.

          Without going in to the gory details, what happened is Henry got betrayed. His trust was violated and he was torn, not just because of the sheer disappointment of it all, but also because he didn't think he would find anyone to love him again.

          I guess he had never considered me.

          "Charlotte," He mumbled from his seat on the couch in the middle of his living room. His face was contorted and his eyes were glazedly fixed on the television screen, which was playing Celebrities Under Water.

          I was just excited that he'd spoken, not to mention that he'd said my name.

          "Talk to me, Hen," I replied eagerly, desperate for him to ensure that everything was alright. You'd expect me to be doing the reassuring, but seeing him hurt like this was hurting me twice as much. I wanted my Henry back - my best friend.

He turned to face me from his seat on the couch. "It hurts so bad, Char."

My heart instantly went out to him when I saw the tears welling in his beautiful brown eyes. I moved from my perch on a kitchen barstool and sat myself next to him. He laid his head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around him.

"I know, Hen." I stroked his soft blond hair. "I know it does."

The next thing I knew, I was waking up and it was dark outside. I looked over at Henry, who had moved from his spot on my chest, to see that he was already looking at me. He seemed to be studying my face. The emotion on his visage wasn't the same sadness as hours before, but I couldn't put my finger on what emotion it was.

I smiled softly and looked away, unable to make myself hold his gaze.

"Thank you, Char. For being here," he said. His voice rumbled, laced with sleep. "I don't know what state I'd be in if it wasn't for you."

I brought myself to look him in the eye and replied, "Of course. I'm always here for you." Secretly, I wanted to add, There's nowhere else, with no one else, I'd rather be.

"I guess," He continued, shifting himself slightly, "I'm just really afraid that... well, Bianca and I were together for so long, and..." He pressed his lips together. "This sounds stupid."

Without thinking, I reached out and brushed a few stray locks of blond hair from his face, then let my hand fall back at my side. "Tell me. You know you can tell me anything," I coaxed. "No judgement."

He looked me in the eye for a second before sighing. "I'm afraid no one will love me again."

"Henry..." It was all I could say. And the next thing I knew, I found myself leaning in and touching my lips to his.

I kissed him softly and quickly, before my mind caught up with what I'd done. I pulled away a second later, flustered and upset with myself.

"I'm so sorry, Henry," I rambled, trying not to pay too much attention to the way he was staring at me. "I shouldn't have done that. I don't know what came over me, but in the moment-"

His eyes flickered between mine and my lips before he re-closed the space between us and connected his mouth with mine.

His lips were soft and full, pushing against mine with the perfect amount of pressure. I could feel my heart fluttering in my chest when I felt him lightly place his hand on my waist and kiss me just a bit harder.

My hand flew to the back of his head and my fingers tangled in his hair, and I knew that he was hurting, and I was hurting, but in that moment I didn't care, because all I could think about was how long I'd wanted this, how badly I wanted this, and how perfect his lips felt against mine.

We separated and my eyes fluttered open to see a soft smile ornamenting Henry's face. I could feel my chest rising and falling in the aftermath of what we had just done.

Neither of us said a word, but our eyes said everything we needed to hear. I didn't know what was meant by what just happened, and I knew Henry didn't either, but I did know that I was on cloud nine and I didn't want that feeling to end.

I could tell that Henry thought the same. We could talk about it any other time, but at the moment, I just wanted nothing more than to be in that moment with him.

So, without a word, I drew closer to him, sinking into his arms and resting my head on his shoulder.

And it was perfect. Just how it was meant to be.