Adventures {MRE}

Title: Adventures
Ship: Merome
Summary: A boy wants an adventure but first he has to get someone to go with him.
Inspo: Brand New Day by Kodaline mixed with a little Check Yes Juliet by We the Kings
note: the beginning is a lot like my Mitchlan oneshot and I did mention it but I'm not trying to say Lachlan and Jerome are fighting for Mitch it's just in the song and it's similar so I had some fun with it don't overthink it please
also most of this oneshot is dialogue

Mitch's POV
"Stop throwing fucking rocks at my fucking window! You're going to break it you asshole!" I shouted as I saw Jerome in my front lawn throwing rocks at my window. First Lachlan and now him. I'm not sure if my window could handle anymore.

"Oh Mitchell, you always were nice to me," he chuckles.
"What do you want before I throw my Chemistry book at you?"
"I have a proposal," Jerome states before getting cut off by Mitch who says,
"no I don't want anything you have to offer me." Mitch was about to turn away, but Jerome's next words made him curious.

"Run away with me!" he shouted up to the boy, "let's leave this town we've outgrown!"
"This town is all Ive known, Jerome. I can't just leave it!" he responded now intrigued by Jerome's proposal. "What would we even do?"

"Travel the world. Think about the all the foreign places we haven't been."
"What about money? That's a lot of money, I hope you realize."
"We'll throw it away."

"What? Jerome you're making no sense," Mitch states more confused than he was before.
"We could write stories of our journeys and sell them. I don't get why people read adventures instead of actually living it out themselves, but they do."

"You're crazy Jerome. Go to bed before you wake my folks. You know they don't like you and your crazy dreams." Mitch tells him slightly annoyed.
"You call them dreams, I call them ambitions," he comments, "and I can't live out my ambitions alone."

"What? Are you asking me to be your plus 1? I'd be there just so you won't be alone?"
"No. I want you to be my co-pilot. Let's travel the world together and never have to return oto this old dumb town."

"Why are you so anxious to leave town? You've lived here longer than I have, why do you want something new?"
"Because here is boring. It's a small town, Mitch. I want something bigger. I've wanted to leave here ever since," Jerome told him, "Don't you want to be someone bigger than this small town? There only so much you can do in a place like this."

"Don't you think our parents will get worried? I mean we are only 18."

(i haven't studied law so don't harass me if I get this wrong)

"Exactly. We're 18. They can't send police to look for us because we're technically adults now. Just make sure to leave a note so they don't think you've been kidnapped."

"I- um, I don't know Jerome," Mitch said, hesitating. Jerome sold him the idea of leaving the confining town, he just didn't want to regret it in a year.

"Come on, life isn't anything if you don't take risks. If you don't do this, you'll regret it for forever and ever and ever..."
"I get it! I know you want me to go Jerome, but... it's a big choice. I feel like I barely know you, yet I've known you for eternity."

"Oh come on, don't get all Romeo and Juliet on me. We all know how that ends."
"Wha- never mind. Just give me a day."
"Can't. Already got two tickets for a train to the nearest airport that leaves at dawn. We have an hour?"

"Yeah, okay."

"I'll be waiting outside til you're ready to go."

~•~

Mitch sat in front of his front door contemplating if he should own the door or not. Would it really be worth it? So much could go wrong, but he'd be happy. With Jerome. Everything was ready. The note, a bag with some clothes, and his prince in shining armor ready to take him on an adventure. Now he just had to find some courage to leave.

He wanted so badly just to drop his bag and run back upstairs to bed, but something stronger was pulling him outside. He slowly rotated the door while taking a deep breath and opened the door seeing Jerome, smirking, leaning against his truck.

"Ready to start a brand new day?"

A/N
yes late, yes bad, yes jerome

YES FRECKING CHRISTMASIS NEAR AND THAT MEANS (hopefully) FLUFFY CHRISTMAS ONESHOTS YAYAY note: I'm not making any promises to make them myself I barley got this Christmas cover done lol