Fatal day

Athor's remark.
Hey, people! This story will be a short one and actually the first I have ever written. All criticism is welcome. Sorry for grammatical mistakes if there are any. In fact, this chapter is a final part of the film, but if you miss it (even if you watched the film), you won't understand the story. Hope you will enjoy it. Lots of love.

As a usual morning came, Jesse was sitting on his bed, absorbed in the world of thoughts. He had never expected that his life would be more than just school and endless chores, but everything changed as she appeared. And name of this always - cheerful and angelic creature was Leslie Burke. Jesse mind was settled on her yesterday image under the rain. "A gentle smile, hair, completely wet, sticked to her face... She was pretty", - boy noticed for the first time.

Yet his thinking was interrupted by joyful giggle of his sister. In pathetic manner May Belle passed the phone to her brother snorting:"Your girlfriend."
Mumbling:"That's not true", - Jesse took handset and as May run away sighed in relief.
With a great enthusiasm he finally blurted out:"Hi!", expecting to hear his mischievous friend.
However, pleasent woman voice responded:"Good morning, Jesse. It's Your music teacher, Ms. Edmunds. Today I was going to visit the musem with my nieces, but they suddenly fell ill. So, if you want..."

In few minutes Jesse had already stood on the side of the road peering an absent look at the distance. His exultation of spending weekend with Ms. Edmunds abruptly vanished as he realised with whom he really needed to spend it. It seemed, that Leslie rather lived for others than for herself, so it would be the best thank he could offer her for all she had done to him. But this thought hadn't manage to affect him as it disappeared in his consciousness. Jesse felt a light headache, which hadn't tend to flee away. Looked like this decision would determine his future.

Sudden stunning roar of a car horn made him to come down from his dreams. With a great effort Jesse opened his eyes and a stream of daylight poured into them. Ms. Edmunds shouted out of the car teasingly:"Stop hovering in the clouds, Aarons!"
His moral choice was made. Depicting foolish smile on his face he sat in the car. When his teacher noticed his state of mood, she wondered if he had forgotten something. But astonished by his selfishness, Jesse denied. He wanted to spent this time only with Ms. Edmunds, despite of the fact that it was just silly boyish sympathy to his teacher.

As hour passed Jesse started to forget about his anxiety and finally enjoyed the trip. Returning home his mind was full of bright memories of that day. He caught himself thinking that next time he would invite Leslie with him. Thanking Ms. Edmunds he ran into the house and froze on the spot. His mother was crying as the others stood with sorrowful faces.
"Jesse, where have you been?", - was his mother first reaction.
"Mom, but I asked you...", - he couldn't finish his statement as he was interrupted by Brenda:"We thought you were dead!"
"What's going on?", - Jesse asked as a doubt mastered over him.
After few seconds of frightening silence his father managed to utter:"Your friend Leslie has died."
Clump of bitterness came to his throat. His hands started to tremble slightly. The wall of tears rushed into his eyes. He knew it was his fault.