Chptr. 11

"I climbed a mountain and never came back

I will not quite

And I will always fight back

And from this moment, for all my life

What could I say

I was born to be this way..."

~ Wars by The Strumbellas from the album 'Hope'

(You can find the song up above! You can find the entire album on Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, etc.)

...

...

"Tony... I mean, Mister Stark, what are you doing here?" An Asian nurse asked, not understanding why this famous person would be in Flagstaff, or even in a hospital. "I want to see the kid who's been found, he's my nephew." Her face showed a shocked look, but she immediately regained her normal state and looked at the man in front of her as she looks at every other person. "Okay," She started as she started typing John Doe into the computer. The picture of the teenager came to the screen, shocking her once again. She had only seen the kid once, and it scared her to the deepest of her soul how horrible he looked. "He's in room 536, go to the fifth floor and just follow the signs, you should be able to find the room within seconds."

Tony nodded and started walking over to the elevator, the teenagers following closely behind him. They entered the elevator in silence, pressing the button with five on it and the button to immediately close the doors. A tension was in the small space, they were all so nervous about what they were going to find in room 536. The moment the doors opened, they ran out of the elevator, following the signs, just like the nurse had told them to. 530, 531... 536, there it was! Tony stopped in front of the door. "Tony, open the dam door!" Thalia said harshly. "No, you guys have to be calm before we enter. We don't know in what state he's in. We don't know what they have done to him," Tony said, looking at the three demigods. He took a deep breath and opened the door.

Thalia gasped at the sight as she entered the room and walked over to her friend. It was Percy. But he... Tony didn't even want to count how many machines were attached to the fragile body of Perseus Jackson. His face and bare arms were covered in scars, wounds and bandages. Will went to sit in a chair next to the bed while Nico went to stand next to Thalia, wrapping one arm around her in comfort. Tony stood a bit away from them, taking all of it in. The Olympian stuff, the fact that the person he thought was dead, was laying in front of him on a hospital bed. "He doesn't deserve any of this shit..." Thalia said in a soft voice, the tears falling down from her eyes. "He just wanted to be with his girl, he didn't even get that..." Will said, looking down to the ground, ending it with a sigh. Tony turned towards the wall and stretched out his arm, leaning on them as his hands were keeping his body steady against the wall. "We are taking him back..." "What?" Will asked. "We are going to take him back to New York."

...

"Did you find anything in the Pit?" Zeus asked, looking at Hades with an unemotional look on his face. "No, he wasn't there... There was a bit of casual disturbance but... Percy was not there." Zeus hit the wall of the throne room in anger. "For fuck's sake, where is his soul!" "Zeus, calm down, we still have to tell Poseidon about the progress made." "Not yet, Hades. First, we must think of another option." "What other options are there? He is dead. Artemis killed him, she told us herself." "But what if his soul was stopped one way or another?" "How, Zeus?" "I don't know but I think it's the last option in the list we've got!" Hades sighed and looked around. "I'm going to search for him in the land of the living," He said. "No, you are going to keep track of the disturbance of the Underworld. We are going to send someone else." "Zeus, I know who you're going to say but we are not going to send her." "She's a hunter, Hades. She regrets killing him, she moves faster than each and every one of us, so yes, we are." "She will not be the only one regretting someone, Zeus." "Is that a threat, brother?" "No! Of course not! I'm just saying that you'll regret this decision because of the fact that she is the person killed him even though he trusted her!" "What do you suggest, Hades? What is your master plan?" "I suggest you send someone else." "That's not an option." "Then, why don't you send someone with her?" "Who do you have in mind?" "Her brother, Lord Apollo."

...

"What!" Apollo shouted, looking at Zeus, Artemis and back at Zeus. "You want me to go with her to search for a dead person? That sounds like the plan of a mentally unstable individual." "Don't speak to your father that way, Apollo. He is not in the Underworld which means he's still in the land of the living." "But why do I have to go with her?" "Because we do not trust her going alone." "That's nonsense!" Artemis shouted. "I can handle myself perfectly. "Oh, can you?" Zeus started with a raised eyebrow. "You killed him and regretted it for months. That's how perfectly you can handle yourself." Artemis looked in anger to the king of gods but he did not care. "Listen, Artemis, I understand where you are coming from. But we can not risk that you make a similar mistake. Apollo is coming with you." Zeus turned around to walk away as Artemis shouted, "Do not expect me to accept this decision!" "You don't have a choice in this Artemis. The only person you can shout at for making bad decisions and causing lots of trouble is yourself. Start packing, you two are leaving this evening."