Chapter 14 - Hero

dedicated to @BeeRadical cause she guessed it (-:

“Like what’chya see, Niall?” Josh teased and shot me one of his signature flirtatious grins.

“I-I…I-just umm…” My face started burning and I knew I was blushing.

“Ni, you look like a fucking tomato!” He burst out laughing and I smiled a bit, trying to think of a way to cover up me staring at him.

“I just, umm, wish I had a body like you?” It sounded more like a question but Josh seemed to buy it.

“Me? Ni, you’re in better shape than me for fuck’s sake.” He smirked and lifted my shirt up over my head to prove his point.

I watched him toss it onto the ground before his eyes instantly landed on me. I blushed again, looking down at the ground as his hazel eyes took in my bare chest. I didn’t have a six – pack or even huge muscles like he did, I had a little bit of a tummy to be honest.

Josh lifted my head up gently, forcing me to look at him. His eyes were twinkling and the smirk he had been wearing all night never left his face.

“Ni, can I-” He started before he got cut off by someone opening the bedroom door.

“Niall?”

Chapter 14 – Hero

(Niall’s POV)

“Niall?”

I looked over towards the all too familiar voice but soon averted my gaze back towards my feet when I saw his accusing yet confused eyes. I could feel Josh stiffen in front of me and when I looked up, I saw him shooting daggers at the lad in the doorway.

“What the fuck do you want, Liam?” He practically spat out.

Liam ignored him and walked over towards me cautiously, ignoring that both me and Josh were shirtless still. His gaze softened when he saw me and I cringed again; unable to get the image of him kissing me harshly out of my head.

“Niall, what are you doing?” He whispered and put his hand on my arm gently, sending chills up my spine.

Before I could answer, I heard Josh growl. He took a few steps towards the older lad and shoved him roughly, causing me and Liam to look at him surprise. He glared at Liam and shoved him once more.

“Get away from him! He’s mine!” Josh yelled, but surprisingly Liam didn’t flinch. He took a step closer again and frowned at the shorter lad. I shivered a bit at Josh’s words.

“Josh, is it?” When he didn’t respond, Liam went on. “I think you’ve had a little too much to drink, mate. Why don’t you go lay down, yeah?”

Josh started to shake slightly, and it startled me. Liam must have noticed too because he backed up a bit, grabbing my hand in the process. The thought of Josh being drunk never occurred to me tonight, he was acting so calm and normal earlier. He had made a few stops to the kitchen to refill his drink, yeah, but was he really that fucked up?

“Don’t tell me what the fuck to do, Payne!” Josh practically screamed. “I’ll do whatever the hell I want!”

Liam’s grip on my hand got tighter and he slowly started to pull me back towards him. He was acting surprisingly calm and I remembered that his dad used to be a drunk before he left. He must know how to act in these situations.

“Sometimes you can’t always do what you want, mate.” Liam’s eyes never left his as he continued to gently pull me away.

“Says the fuck who?” Josh’s face was becoming redder by the second as he yelled on. “If-If I wanna fuck Niall, I’ll fuck Niall!”