Chapter 2: Michael

I turned left, and stopped at my driveway. Jace's car was outside the garage, another car was out front. Mostly likely his girlfriend.

Yay!

I said sarcastically in my head. As I pulled into my garage. Jace and I where buddies since college, and now we share a nice apartment flat as a bachelor and 1/2. I walked in and hung up my jacket. My ten year old border collie, Ryder, greeted me at the door.

"Hi buddy" I patted his back and kneeled down to kiss the top of his head.

"Jace are you home!" I yelled and regretted it right away. I hope he didn't answer, in case he was doing it. No answer.

Dear Lord this was awkward

I tiptoed through the house, I head nothing. Jace's bedroom door was open, and it was empty. I breathed a sigh of relief.

Oh good, they must have gone on a walk

I changed from my work clothes into a regular t-shirt and sweatpants. From the fridge I took a Christmas cookie that, Naomi, Jace's girlfriend, baked. I took a seat on the couch and turned on the tv, Ryder slowly padded his way towards my. He had his eyes on the cookie. I quickly stuffed it in my mouth because he was notorious to steal stuff, even if they where holding it, from people.

"Sef no morf all gonf" I said with my mouth full of cookie and opened my hands to prove it. He looked at me then licked my hands for any left over crumbs. I smiled and patted his head.

I looked up at the tv just in time to see a couple kiss under a mistletoe.

Great I turned to a hallmark movie, I thought but my mind soon changed to something else.

It has been 6 months since I proposed to Claire. I loved her so much, we had been dating for a 2 years and I thought it was time for something to change in our relationship. But she had changed along time ago. For the exact opposite. Claire had been seeing a guy, for 2 months! I had loved her and she turned away from me.

I felt hot tears fill my eyes, just the very though of her made me want to punch the wall or cry like some emotional teenage girl. Standing up and leaving the living room I headed downstairs to work out. Which I did a lot more lately. Ryder had to stay upstairs, I didn't want him going up and down the stairs with his hips being they way they where.

For a good hour I was down there. Working and concentrating. Concentrating on what? Even I didn't know what.

Work, Ryder, Claire, Christmas, spending the rest of my life alone, they all crossed my mind but I got off one topic quickly just to find myself thinking of one another.