orange

tyler was sitting at the register of the floral shop, reading a book that made his heart ache, when he heard the bell ring about the door, indicated that someone had came into the store. it scared him a little, partly from being so interested in his book, but also because they rarely get customers, especially on chilly november days.

tyler took a look at the person who barged into the store. it was a boy with blue hair, wearing a black hoodie and jeans. tyler adjusted his flower crown on top of his head, and before he knew it, the boy was rushing toward him. 

"how do i passive-aggressively say 'fuck you' in flower?" the boy asked, his hands resting on the counter. tyler was taken aback by the boy's sudden question, but he knew how figure it out.

"what's the occasion?" tyler asked the boy.

"girlfriend of one year and two months broke up with me after cheating on me with her ex." he explained. tyler knew just how to answer.

"you'd need a bouquet of geraniums to represent stupidity, foxglove to represent insincerity, meadowsweet for uselessness, yellow carnations to show that she disappointed you, and orange lilies to represent hatred. it would be quite striking! and full of loathing, of course."

"you really know a lot about flowers. but hey, i'll take it." tyler arranged the boy's bouquet of flowers, and the boy paid him.

"thanks for these. hopefully she'll enjoy them." the blue haired boy said.

"it's no problem. tell me how it goes." tyler responded.

"sure thing- what's your name?"

"tyler."

"i'm josh."

"nice seeing you, josh."

"nice seeing you too, tyler. i'll tell you how it goes." and with that, the boy named josh walked out of the store holding a perfectly arranged bouquet of 'fuck you' flowers.

tyler smiled in anticipation as he once again lowered his head down into his book, waiting for when josh would come back to tell him the story.