home

A/N: some time ago I read that prompt on tumblr and wrote this little fic in a reblog of the post

http://lindstrxm.tumblr.com/post/151049502325/season-4-needs-a-scene-where-hannibal-thinks-will

----

The house lay in the dark and an eerie silence hushed over it. As Will closed in a familiar scent met him. The stench of blood and destruction. The bittersweet metallic smell of fresh blood and a body beginning to decay.

Though he was so used to that sweet smell, Will dropped the groceries and rushed to the house. After the fall they had settled down for a while, trying to keep a low profile. They had only killed twice. Only if absolutely necessary.

"Hannibal" Will called out. Horror scenarios played before his eyes. What if someone had found them. What if Hannibal- No, Hannibal couldn't be hurt or - or dead. Panic gripped him. Hannibal was the constancy that one day entered his life and changed it in a way that life without the reliability of him being there, being alive, being close, was unthinkable. Hannibal could not be dead, he just couldn't. Without checking if the door was indeed locked,he kicked it open and entered their home. "Hannibal", he called out again.

The interior was demolished, partly splattered with blood. Will followed the trail of it, leading to the living room. Now more cautious, fumbling to find his gun Will proceeded. Nowadays he always carried a gun with him whenever Hannibal wasn't around. He didn't feel safe without it. To be fair, he didn't feel completely safe even with the gun close at hand. He needed Hannibal close to feel safe.

"Hannibal?"

What he saw in the living room wasn't what he expected. Not at all. Nevertheless he was more than relieved. He lowered his gun. "What exactly happened?"

Hannibal sat in a pool of blood. The whole room was destroyed, shards and glass lying around, the chairs ripped. Between all the destruction was a dead man. He was gutted, cut, beaten, his head crushed in. Bloody all over. It was a crime of passion. Hannibal looked up at Will, tears in his beautiful eyes, He gulped. "Will" His voice was on the verge of breaking, "I thought you left."

"I just went to the grocery store and on my way home I lost my way" He went over to Hannibal and crouched down next to him. With big teary eyes Hannibal looked at Will, "Home? You mean this place?" Will smiled softly at him. Taking Hannibal's hands in his own, he slightly squeezed them, "I meant back to you, you are home." The love in Hannibal's face was so radiant; it lit his whole face up, making him even more beautiful. Will debated whether he should just kiss him already. This constant thought in the back of his head had irritated him at first, but he'd grown accustomed to it. It had confused him when they met, upset him when Hannibal had framed him for murder, annoyed him when he tried to kill Hannibal, surprised him when he saw him again after three years and the urge to kiss Hannibal nearly got the better of him after they'd killed Dolarhyde. Right now it was more or less a casual thought he had on daily basis, easily dismissed.

Will drew with his thumb circles on Hannibal's hand. "Tell me what happened."
Hannibal sighed. Blushing he looked at their hands. "I thought you left and I might have let my grief out on the house. And then this guy suddenly was there, he asked if everything was ok and it obviously wasn't. I panicked, I thought you wouldn't come back." He looked back up at Will.

He looked so adorable, how could Will not kiss him. Between all this destruction and blood and with the certainty they were on the run again and had to leave this place soon enough, Will let his guard down and his desire win. He leaned in and kissed a completely dumbfounded Hannibal full on the mouth. His mouth felt so much better than he'd ever imagined, especially when Hannibal got over the initial shock and began to kiss back.