Chapter 28

• Emily's POV •

I woke up the next day to hear voices downstairs. Simon wasn't next to me. Maybe he was eating breakfast or something.

I quickly wrapped a robe aground me before going to brush my teeth before going to get Vanessa up out of her bed. She want there.

I went downstairs into the living room to see some police officers and Simon sitting with Vanessa bouncing her playfully on his knee whilst the police officers talked. Vik, Jide and Josh were also there.

"What's going on?" I asked, causing all attention to turn to me.

"Ma'am..your friend Natalie. She was involved In a hit and run accident yesterday afternoon." One of the police officers said, taking his cap off. No. Noway. Please no.

"She's dead isn't she?" I asked, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Were so sorry," The two policemen said, looking down at their caps which were in their hands. That's how I knew it was bad knews..policemen and women take their caps off when it's bad news.

"Excuse me," I said, running back to my room to cover myself in my duvet blankets as I cried.

Natalie. My bestfriend who has stuck by me through everything has gone. I remember going to Summer In The City with her where I met my OTP Simon. The nightclub where she left with that guy.

God, I'm gonna miss her so much.

I decided not to wollow on my own self pity and jumped out of bed and grabbed a large suitcase before throwing my clothes into it.

I heard the policemen leaving before Simon came into my room.

"Where are you going?" He asked, setting Vanessa down so she ran over to me.

"Home. Northern Ireland."

"Why? What have I done?" Simon said, sitting down beside me whilst Vanessa didn't have a clue what was going on.

"Nothing. I need to grieve in my own way," I said getting up and zipping the suitcase before grabbing my passport.

"Come on Vanessa," I called out, as she followed along behind me while I dragged the suitcase alongside me.

"Please don't go," Simon pleaded.

"Mummyy, I wanna stay with daddy." Vanessa said, taking Simons hand.

I released my hand from the handle of the suitcase before leaning down to her with tears in my eyes.

"Don't you want to see granny and granda?" I said, as the hot tears rolled down my cheeks.

"No I wanna stay with daddy!" Vanessa squealed.

"Okay..you be good for daddy," I said, kissing her forehead.

"Goodbye, Simon," I said, placing a soft kiss on his lips before leaving.