Escape From Nothing ( Adam Winchester/Milligan)

• Dedicated to Jake Abel ( Adam Winchester)

CHAPTER ONE

       I'm just laying there lifeless. Get up! They need you! You're nothing, remember that. This is your chance. My head is pounding from the force that was inflicted just moments before. All I hear is a loud hum in my ears. I can feel the blood dripping slowly down my legs and arms. Tears are about to spill, I can feel it. But I will not let that happen. As I push my self off the floor I can feel how injured I am.  At the least I have a broken arm, sprained ankle, and just about half of a face. I'm in so much pain but for some odd reason, I don't mind it. A small whimper escapes my mouth as I walk forward. See, this is all your fault. Maybe if you weren't so worthless and weak.... Okay, I can do this. I am doing it for them. I am doing it for me. So, this is how it is going to end. I'm still a coward. I mess everything up. I am still not loved. I look across the room and see my blade. It's covered in blood, my own blood. I use all of my might to get to it. As I get closer I can hear their screams. Over and over again. There, that was my mental push. I am now running full speed at the killer. I am close, so close. My arms are raised above my head and my dagger is poised to kill. Everything is moving  so slow now. Memories of my brothers, mom, and dad play in my head. I'm ready to do this. It's for them after all. My blade comes down fast. He's gone. They're all gone. I am now surrounded by darkness. Nothing is here anymore. The bright torn down windows are gone. All of the doors are gone. Absolutely nothing stands before me.

     " I see that you're at it again, Adam. Actually, I find it quite interesting watching you make a fool of yourself over and over again. Very entertaining..." sneered a voice from behind.

       Great. Crowley. How could I have allowed this to happen again? I can't help but wince for I know what happens next. All of these years that I've been down here have been nothing but pain and.... well nothing. This is the moment that Crowley makes all of that disappear, but not for long. The pain, grief, sorrow, the memories, just all of it is gone. But as I said before, not for long. It always comes back, either sooner or later. When it does come back it is like this rush. A rush that pools inside of you; inside of your heart.

 "Just do it.... I know what is happening, Crowley. I understand what this all means, but what I don't understand is why you are doing it!" I spat out coldly.

" Oh honey, who said I had to have reason?" He said with a smirk.

   I knew instantly that it was a mistake to talk. For a few years I learned not to say anything and to just take my punishments. This was because I always got the same answer again and again. I honestly don't know what has happened these past few decades. I started blocking things out when Crowley brought in my memories. Seeing my family as a part of them just made things worse. Crowley made many job offers to me since I've been here. He wanted me to become what he is. A monster. I wouldn't, I couldn't, and I can't. And every time that I would refuse, I got more memories. Memories that I just wish that I could be a part of again. When I started getting that feeling, that's when I shut it off. I shut myself down. No more Kate, no more John, no more Dean, no more Sam. Sam Winchester. I came in contact with my half brothers Sam and Dean not too long before I got thrown into the Pit.  And Sam.... well he is the last person I remember being with me. Yeah, he kind of threw me in the Pit but it wasn't him.... or me. I remember Michael using me as a vessel and Lucifer using Sam. When Michael was inside of my head, he had absolute control. I could see everything that was happening but I just couldn't stop it. I think that went for Sam and Lucifer too.

   "Okay, enough with the crazy- depressed Adam Milligan. I've got a new and improved proposition for you lad." Crowley said.

  "I want nothing from you! You ruin everything. I would never in a million years take a thing fromm you!" I screamed.

     "See, that's the funny thing. A million years is right around the corner! And then it will be two million, three million and well, you know what comes next." Crowley said joyfully. "But you see, my deal may have you out of here by... let's say tonight! But, there are conditions of course. Simple ones at that."  He said suppressing the end.

  "You're lying. Everything that you say is a lie. So can you please just put this to an end and start my day all over again? I'm begging...." I said sarcastically.

  "I need Dean Winchester."  Those were the last words I heard before everything went black.