Chapter 1

"Daddy, can you get Shawn to baby sit me tonight, I don't like the girl that you had for me last week, she was a real bag, and I like Shawn, he's nice to me?" Bradley asked his dad.

"I don't know kiddo, I don't think he's ever babysat anyone before, and he's only thirteen."

"Yeah, but I'm ten, I almost don't even need a babysitter anymore, it would be more like he was just here spending the night with a friend." He tried.

"That's true enough, but no, you're certainly not old enough to stay home for six hours by yourself. An hour, maybe yes, but no more. I'll call Lori and ask her what she thinks about it and see if he'd even be willing to do it at all, and then we'll see, okay."

"Thanks daddy, you're the best."

"Yeah yeah, don't try and butter me up boy. Now, go do your homework while I make the call."

Bradley scampered up to his room and took out his homework and started doing it. He was just barely ten years old, his birthday had in fact only been two weeks prior, he was pretty much right at the average for his age in height, weight, and smarts. He was pretty good looking, even though he did not really think so, but then, most boys do not believe that they are at all good looking. He has shaggy light brown hair, nice deep brown eyes, small freckle covered nose, beautiful full red lips, and cute little dimples when he smiled.

Bradley's dad looked much the same, just older and a little rougher around the edges from working construction for the past fifteen years or so. He was really fit though, kept his hair a little shorter, and wore dagger pins in both his ears, he had got them when he was sixteen because he thought they looked cool, and he had never taken them out. Also, not long after Bradley was born, he got his one and only tattoo, and it was simply the name and birth date of his son, it was on his forearm, he felt it was very symbolic. His name was Bradley as well, but he went by Brad to save confusion in the house, and Bradley junior just went by Bradley. Brad had went and grabbed the phone and pulled up his long time neighbors and friends number and dialed it. They had lived next door to each other since Shawn was still in diapers, he had watched the boy grow up into the fine young man he was.

"Hey Lori, can I ask a favor?"

"Oh, hey Brad, sure, what's up?" She asked.

"Well, I have a date tonight and was gonna get a sitter for Bradley, but he doesn't want the girl I got last time, he didn't like her. He wanted to know if Shawn could come and sit for him instead. Do you think he would be able to handle that, first of all, and is he even free tonight?"

"I don't see any reason why not, and even if he has problems, it's not like we're all that far away, hell, he can throw a rock and alert us if he has to."

"Too true."

"Yeah, and as far as I know he has no plans anyway. He's just up in his room moping and listening to music as always. God I hate teenagers sometimes." She chuckled.

"At least you don't have any girls, they're worse, at least he's moping and not screaming at you every few seconds like my sisters did. I swear I have no idea how my dad didn't kill the both of them, but he liked them, not me."

"Yeah, I know what you mean, and I'm not really sure how I survived either, but then, I wasn't quite that bad." She laughed.