VI : Mystery Girl and the Shared Breathless Murmurs

Harley POV

His bold gray eyes look into mine and I can feel a shiver jolt through my body. The effect he has on me is completely and utterly insane. My hands shake by my side and I can't help but look down at my feet. Nervous and afraid. What if he can tell that I'm not normal? That I'm sick...that I'm a freak... The sound of friction on the ground is clear as he moves swiftly and stands only inches away. I look up to see his eyes turning a darker shade of gray, filled with anticipation and overwhelming desire. His eyes are so beautiful that it not only takes my breath away but all the fear in my bones. It's the first time that space is no longer an issue. If anything I'd want to be closer to the infuriating and reckless person before me.

His hand moves to the bottom of my back and I can feel a shiver run down my spine as he slowly makes his way up. The warm touch of his hand finds its way to my intricately tied bun and the many pins. At a leisurely pace, he pulls out each pin. One by one. As if to tease or force out a reaction from me. And a reaction he is given when my eyes light up despite my effort to hold it back. The warmth of his hand spreads throughout my body as he caresses my cheek and even with the fear that's pulsing through my veins I don't want to push him away. His eyes lock back onto mine as he feels me shiver under his touch. 

I look at him with a questioning gaze. What are you so indifferent? Why can't I understand you like everyone else? What are you trying to do to me? He gives me a warm smile as if to answer all my questions. I'm afraid. I'm afraid of how he can read me like the back of his hand. I'm afraid of how despite his bad boy demeanor I feel as though I can trust him. I'm afraid of falling for someone I can never be on the same par to...

I want to testify to whoever is up there. Why did you have to make me the way I am? Why can't I be normal? Why can't I be like everyone else? Why can't I be happy and shout what I am thinking at the top of my lungs? Because we can never be normal. That is why you must not fall for him.  

No matter how much I cry, no matter how much I yearn for a cinderella love story, It can never happen. It will never be possible. The fear in my bones begins slowly fade under the vibrancy of melancholy. His warm smile disappears and he gives me an earnest and heartwarming gaze. Even without words or his sweet voice, his thoughts can still resonate through my soul. Where have you been all my life... Why didn't you come to me sooner...

He closes his eyes and takes in a deep breath as if to think to himself. When his eyes open they return to a dark shade of gray and he leans in closer to me. Our breathing becomes in sync and the warmth of our body can be felt only inches away. His eyes look back on mine and only inches away he murmurs, "If you don't stop me now. I can't be sure what I might do...".

I feel as though if he moves any closer our lips may touch and I too don't know what I may do. I'm scared but I don't want to push him away. My chest feels tight but I no longer know for what reason it feels this way. Looking deeply into his eyes, I whisper slowly, "...what will you do...?"

"I'd make you mine." He said this in a way I could not come to comprehend or believe. I think from the first hello you had already claimed as yours. That is something only Brooklyn Grey would do. "And I would never let you go", he continues.

The words that he speaks makes me buckle at the knees. I don't know what to do and even if I did would it really change the outcome? He is Brooklyn Grey, reckless, bold, and seemingly insatiable. What can I say or do to make him give up? You're just making excuses. I-I-...I feel like I can trust him. No. I know that I can trust him. Like Pudge said, If people were like rain, I was a drizzle and she was a hurricane. I now know what it feels like to be a drizzle and what it feels like to have a hurricane in your life. No matter how bad he may seem, I have an intuition that he will be a hurricane that changes my life in all the best ways.

My breathing quickens as the inches begin to become smaller and smaller. I can't push him away...I don't want to... In the time period of a second, his eyes become even darker and the desire in his eyes becomes uncontainable. Our lips touch and the warmth emanating from his touch is indescribable. All I know is even the star in the sky could not give me this much heat. His kiss is deep and breathtaking. I have no time to be afraid. All I feel is his warmth and touch. If this is what it feels like to be intimate I don't know why anyone goes to work or has a social life. 

The short seconds feels like hours, days and I don't want it to stop as much as the many voices in my head plead and scream. I am scared. This is clearly evident through my body's recently quivering but this time I am not breathless because I am scared. I am breathless because of him and his complete and utter effortlessness to captivate me. As much as I want to keep feeling the warmth coming from his lips...this is all too much. This is too fast. Life should not be a rollercoaster no matter what motto Mr.Grey believes in. It should be calm and filled with hearts and flowers. I want a romance, not a teen drama.

I move my hand onto his chest and pull back, parting our lips. I breathe in and out deeply and he his forehead onto mine. "What...was that just now...", I murmur softly.

Grey POV

She murmurs softly under her breath with flushed cheeks and quivering hands. I lost all self-control, my mind went blank and I let desire take the wheel. "What are you doing to me James...", I whisper back. Restless and out of breath, I lean my head onto hers and we stand feet to feet trying to catch our breath.

Her long lashes are fanned out as she breathes in and out and her body begins to stop shaking. After moments of staying like this, she opens her eyes and glances up at me. "You're...the one who's changing me... You're breaking down all of my defenses... I don't know what to do with you or how to react..."

"I have no self-control around you. You're like cocaine. One taste and you're hooked." I look back deeply into her eyes trying to reassure her, that everything I say to her is the truth and nothing but the truth. Her crystal blue eyes flicker at my words and she moves back tensely. "I didn't choose to feel this way. I didn't choose to be swept off my feet...but since the first time I looked at you I knew there was no turning back," I continue.

Slowly, she moves her hand away from my chest and puts them to her side before taking a step back. "You don't know me. You know nothing about me." She pauses and an apologetic look makes it's way onto her face, "I can't do this". With the last words that echo from her lips, the prospect of anything happening has receded. 

The right thing would be to let her go. To not force her into anything she doesn't want to be. Yes. That is what I should do. Be a gentleman. Be respectful. Do the right thing. It's not that I don't want to do the right thing because it's hard, it's because I can't do the right thing when every part of my body is telling me to not let go. 

"Goodbye, Brooklyn." She turns on her heel and not looking back, she walks away. I am left standing in the courtyard taken aback. Shit. What have I done...

A/N : Short, I know-but at least I stopped being a tease and gave you guys what you wanted. x.