You Put It In The Oven

The three sisters stood outside the door to Maria's place. They had had plenty of sleepovers before, but all of them had been at their house. Angelica knocked on the door, and sure enough, her friend Maria answered.

"Oh hey guys you're just in time. I made a list of everything we're doing for the sleepover"

Oh jeez. Another one of Maria's lists. Did this girl have an 'off' button? The list was written in sparkly red pen, so it was kinda hard to read:

Sleepover List List

bake chocolate chip cookies

watch a movie

have a pillow fight

give eachother makeovers

play truth or dare

tell secrets

"Wow Maria this looks like a great list" said Eliza. She actually meant it. Peggy smiled nervously. She knew "tell secrets" really meant "talk about guys" and she really didn't want to talk about her long-standing crush on Lafayette. Oh well. Sleepovers were sleepovers.

"Okay first thing. Cookies" said Eliza, following Maria and Angelica into the kitchen.

"Whoa your house is so nice" said Peggy, trailing behind her sisters. Maria got out all the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies and put them on the counter.

"Okay, my mom wrote down the recipe right here" she said, holding the sheet of paper out in front of them.

The four of them looked down at the bowl, staring into the batter.

"Okay I'll add the chocolate chips, and Peggy you can stir" said Maria, handing Peggy a spoon and doling out chips into the mix.

"Yay I love stirring!" Peggy said, and began to mix the bowl with her spoon. After a while she said "I think it's done"

Maria looked down into the batter to check.

"Yep" she said, spooning the batter onto the tray in little circles

"And now they go in the oven" she said as she put them in to bake for an hour.

"Okay" said Eliza "What movie do we wanna watch?"

"OOH FROZEN"

"Yes! I love that movie"

"Okay....." said Maria, and she put it on.

They sat there and watched the movie, Maria got up to take the cookies out as soon as they dinged, and then brought them back into the living room.

"Aw you missed Let It Go" said Angie.

"Oh....no.....go back!"

They did as she said and went back to Let It Go so she could watch it.

"The snow glows white on the mountain tonight....." all of them sang in unison. Of course, they all knew it by heart. When the movie finished, all of them went upstairs.