Chapter 1

I run my hand across the brass door knob. Shivers creep up my arm as I unlock the lock with a flick of my wrist. I breath in shallowly not wanting to be heard. I turn the knob and edge my way in, my hand at the ready. I relax slightly when I see that she's still sleeping.

I make my way over to her bed and stroke the back of my hand against her cheek. Still so beautiful. I briskly turn my back and stride over to her dresser. There's a framed picture of me...smashed and scribbled on. I bend over and look through her draws and find a jewellery box. My heart flutters as I open it to reveal a single crystal.
"Perfect." I whisper to myself. I tuck the crystal into a pouch which I cram into the top of my dress.

"Lovely to see you again, long time no see!" A voice calls out from behind me. Still facing the other way I reply, "Zahana."
"Oh, no need to be so formal mother. Please come and sit with me."
I sigh furiously and turn to look at her. Her blue eyes shine out, illuminating her face. Her black wavy locks rest on her shoulders as she sits upright in her bed, cocooned in pillows and blankets.

"I heard you come in, startled me to be honest. Tell me how you've been with your...kingdom." She smirks.
"Zahana... I need to get going." I say firmly.
"What a pity, you only just got here!" She swings her legs out from under the bed sheets and walks lightly towards me, her white nightdress flowing around her as if she were some sort of enchanted creature. She takes my hand and I pull away sharply. She tuts to herself and shrugs.
"I would let you have that crystal that you've not so cleverly hid, however it's pretty precious to me..."

I gasp in surprise and look down at my chest, the crystal's crimson shade shines a little on my chest. Damn. Before I know it I'm being thrown against the window, my throats getting tighter and tighter. The anger and determination on Zahanas face getting more defined by the second.
"Please Zahana, take the crystal I'm sorry!" I croak. My vision begins to go blurry.
"What and let you escape once again? You must be joking... after what you did to me?" She laughs. I can't breath anymore, black is beginning to shroud my surroundings I sob slightly.

"Aw, is poor mumsie scared now? Bless..." Zahana coos.
In a last ditch attempt to get out I raise my hand up and flick my wrist. I hear screams and smell smoke but I cant see anything. I can't hold on anymore. And before I know it everything's gone black.