Chapter 7

*Flashback*

Nadia and Joey are holding hands with each other on the balcony of their bedroom.

"It's better for the both of us, if they catch me you'll be shamed as well." Joey whispers into her ear.

"But why? Why does it always happen to us?" Nadia splutters between tears.
Joey kisses her head gently, a single tear forming in his eye.

"Goodbye, keep him safe." Joey says placing a hand on Nadia's stomach.

"It could be a girl..." Nadia chuckles weakly.

"I know it's a warrior." Joey smiles. He gives Nadia a small kiss on the forehead.
"I love you." And with that Joey jumps over the balcony and runs into the night, his Scarlett cloak billowing out from behind him.

Nadia turns round still resting a hand on her bump. She wipes away the tears on her face and sniffs loudly.

"Ma'am we can't seem to find the robber. He was here this morning and now he's gone." A guard says solemnly standing at her door.

"It's alright Johnathan. At least I have the crystal back from the last time he was here." Nadia says brightly trying to cover how melancholy she actually was.

The guard nods and turns away. Nadia sighs deeply and walks over to her chest of draws. She opens a draw and reveals a small white box, she unlocks it using a heart shaped key and takes out a small crimson crystal. She raises it up to her eyes and looks at it lovingly.

"Don't worry. We'll be together again."