Chapter One

Hi! :) I'm so excited to get this book going! I have so many ideas and i can't wait to write about them! I hope everyone that read The Big Bad Wolf will still enjoy this book just as much, and i hope that everyone isn't too mad at me from the last book to read this one. :) .. Enjoy!:)) 

I shot up from my bed in a full panic. My breathing was heavy and I was panting like a dog sitting in the hot sun all day. Outside, the weather was dark and stormy. The thunder boomed loudly, causing the windows to rattle and the house to vibrate slightly. I heard a soft whining, but it quickly subsided. My mind raced with the remembrance of my dream; my horrible, horrible dream. It stuck on my brain like a scar that would possibly never go away... just like the rest of them.

I needed to see someone, and soon. Usually, I would go across the street, seeking comfort from my close friend, Dylan Striker. Him and his family comforted me and tended to me ever since they found me memory-less and pregnant. I drew close to him and his sister Dalia since they currently lived right next door. They have still been so helpful.

I climbed out of my bed and rummaged around on my carpet, feeling for anything that felt like blue jeans. Though, when a long, crashing roll of thunder exploded with lightening striking soon after, it scared me half to death and I fell to the ground making a loud thump. I let out a groan of pain.

I heard my door open and I looked up from my position on the floor. There standing with a confused expression, was the nanny I hired last year when I moved into this house. Greta’s panicked expression made me internally groan. She knew how clumsy I have been and told me many times to be careful and naturally, I didn’t listen.

 “Miss. Fay, are you alright?” Her old stern voice asked. It took me a minute to reply a faint, yes, and got up. In the darkness, I could make out her figure only slightly. I was still half asleep, so my senses weren’t very focused at the moment.

 “Is the power out or something?” I asked skeptically, knowing that it was quite possible the power was out. We lived by Honey Beach, a place where it was in the nineties all summer long, it stormed liked crazy, and the power lines were crappy.

 “I’m afraid so. Were you going somewhere?” Greta asked. I was fully aware that my senses were fully back and I could make out a pair of jeans lying in the floor. I nodded, but since she was a human, I knew she didn’t see me.

 “Yeah, would you keep an ear out for the twins? I’ll be back soon.” By the sound of her voice, I knew she was smiling that gentle smile she always gave me when I needed to do something and for her to watch my babies. She was also so helpful. I hired her to take care of my children while I worked for Derek Striker, Dylan and Dalia’s father, through most of the days of the week.

 “I’d do anything for you,” she said sweetly. I smiled, giving her a thank you. I quickly slipped on my jeans and walked out of the bedroom door. I sneaked a peek at my toddlers sleeping in their cribs; they were so peaceful, even through the roughest of storms.

I grabbed my coat off the coat hanger and walked out onto the porch. The rain poured heavily and the wind was quick, making the rain nip my clothes, even though I was standing under the protection of the porches ceiling. I ran to my car even though I was already soaked from head to toe and ducked under the safety and dryness of my vehicle.

I drove quickly across the street to Dylan’s house and ran up his porches steps. Before I even got to the door, the porch lights came on and the door creaked open. I slowed down my walking just as I got to the door, but a ferocious thunderclap startled me. I let out a squeal and shot through the door; my body being caught by two strong arms. They pulled me inside the dark house and shut the door behind us.