Prologue

Hi! I have started a new story. I am kind of having a writer block on Forever Yours as I am still figuring out on how to continue. Then, I have this idea that suddenly pop up in my brain. I decided to write it down. So, I am writting this short story. Read it and feel free to give me your comments.

Remember to spare a vote or like it. Fan me too if you want to know how the story continues!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking across the clearing, I felt as if my heart had just be ripped out of my chest, leaving a raw, bloody hole behind. I almost couldn't even find the strength to breathe. My knees weakened and I collapsed, sitting on the ground. Looking down, I noticed that both my hands were trembling violently. Lifting up my hands, I covered my face.

I didn't want to believe the scene that was unfolding before my eyes. I didn't want to it to be true. I badly wanted it to be a trick that my mind is playing on me. But I knew, I should have expected this. Yet, even if I had expected this, it didn't make the pain any less painful. 

Numbly, I watched the couple stopped kissing as they slowly walked off, hand in hand. It was only when they are out of sight that I finally gave in to tears. Deep, soul wrecking sobs burst out of my mouth as I curled up into a fetal position to cry my heart out. I feel as if the very reason for my existence had just been wrenched out of my grip. I had a moment of thinking: Why am I even alive? 

For how long I stayed in the same position crying, I am not sure. Time became insignificant. Numbed to the core of my being, I watch mutely as the clear blue sky slowly darken as dark clouds drifted above, obstructing the sun. Lightning flashed and the next thing I knew, rain came down in torrents. Thunder roar angrily across the sky and many a times, a stray lightning would strike down a distant tree. 

Still, I did not move. Instead, I admired the thunder storm with a distant sort of interest. It was as if the weather was given to me as a gift from God. It was as if the sky was crying for me and at the same time, feeling angry for me to have to suffer such unfairness. 

I was totally soaked. Yet, my soul was too cold to feel the chill. I could only lie there as my whole life came apart. 

"Rina! Rina!" 

Distantly, I was aware that someone was calling out to me. However, I was too numb to care. I continued to lie on the wet and cold ground. 

"Rina!" My brother, Dagger, shouted as he shook my shoulder. 

Slowly, I turned to him. I noted that his lips were moving, yet, nothing registered in my mind. I stare at him dully. The thoughts that registered in my mind was: Why does he look so worried? Why is he shaking me? What is he saying?

One moment I was lying on the ground staring into the worried face of my brother, the next, I was in my father’s arms as he carried me. Looking at my father's profile, memories of my childhood flashed into my mind. During my kid days, I was a very naughty girl. Many a times, my father would find me injured from running around too much. He would always be the one who carry me home and tend to my wounds. The feeling of him carrying me, makes me feel like the same small, naughty kid again.

For the first time of today, I smiled a small smile. The rocking motion from father's walking was like slow hypnosis. Feeling as though time had reversed and I was a small kid again, being carried by father, a sense of comfort and safety enveloped me. Very swiftly, I drifted off to sleep. The last thing I saw was the profile of my strong, protective father.

***

Blinking groggily, I rubbed my eyes tiredly. Then, I realised that my eyes were swollen. Why are my eyes swollen? Memories from the day before crashed back into my mind. My shoulders drooped in defeat. My worse fear had just came true. 

My mate had just rejected me for another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay! That's it.

Heart breaking isn't it? Haha!

Comment and vote away!!!!!!