Archive Log: 17

"No more secrets, yeah?" David looked at Alma curiously when she spoke up. They were sitting on the bridge again, much like last time the shields were down and the endless sea of black and stars could be seen vividly. Truthfully, he hadn't exactly looked away from her since earlier. He couldn't totally believe it that she had finally seen things his way. It was good, it felt good, and he hoped things wouldn't change so drastically when everyone else was awake. 

Taking breakfast with her she had decided to go halves and share with David. He scrunched his face up, he could totally see why she always complained about the food, it was awful. There was a reason why he chose not to eat it, even if he didn't necessarily need to. Just another thing to do to fit in, it is one thing on the list with many others. But afterwards, she had taken to holding his hand. She turned it over in her own and inspected it. David watched her, all rather uncertain with what she was trying to find. He didn't know if she found what she was looking for, but she eventually placed her palm against his and linked her fingers with his. 

It was after sitting silent like this for a few moments before she piped up. David shifted slightly and looked from the view to her. "Like?"

Alma hummed and pouted in thought. "Like...if something is bothering you, don't lie or cover it up." She decided with a nod and looked to him quickly before looking back to the windows. 

David looked at her and slowly sighed. "Peter Weyland is onboard."

"Wait, what?!" Alma stumbled a little over her thoughts and double took at him. David smiled honestly and even nodded slowly. "What?" She could only just about manage that one word. She couldn't quite figure out anything more. 

David looked forwards at where their legs outstretched. Tilting his head back against the unit behind him, he shut his eyes. "He's onboard." He repeated sounding slightly more distant on the matter. Opening his eyes, he tilted his head to look at her. Alma was looking at him with wide eyes. She opened her mouth to try and say something, only to shake her head and look around confused. "You said no secrets."

"I wasn't expecting that! I was expecting little sneaking admissions of dream watching. Or even standing behind the controls and pretending to drive the ship; not this, never this. What's he doing here?" Alma asked while turning to kneel beside him. 

David looked her over with a plain look and looked forwards again. "He believes that whoever made you, can help provide more life."

"He's dying?"

"He's supposedly dead."

"Erm..."

"There's a message, it was recorded before this ship left. He states it himself, the being dead part; not the other part about your creators. The message will be played when everyone is awake." He explained while she let go of his hand and ended up turning and laying down. David looked down as she simply rested her head in his lap. She crossed her arms with a puzzled look on her face. He smiled down at her, "What is it?"

"You don't speak very fondly of him." She said while glancing his way. "Like...you two spent a fair bit of time together. I honestly thought you wouldn't sound so...displeased."

"Do you believe in what he thinks?"

"No."

David inclined his head, "Enough said."

Alma frowned slowly, she uncrossed her arms and pointed a finger at him. "You think he's an idiot."

"Your words not mine." David smiled and stroked a hand over her hair. 

"But you're not contradicting."

He shrugged simply, "No secrets go hand in hand with no lying, and you dislike being lied to; so, there we go, Weyland is here, he thinks he can stop himself from dying, and you think he's an idiot." Alma laughed, which caused him to grin. He did sound rather serious on the matter only to end up turning a little joking.