Chapter 1

The wind blew through the single window in my bedroom as I crawled on the queen sized bed. Dumping my whole body down at the center, I sighed at the feeling of bliss enveloping my exhausted body after a stressful day at work. My short hair was still damp slightly from the shower I just had.

I could feel my eyes drooping immediately at the soft feel of my fluffy pillows underneath my head and knees. It's a habit, having a pillow below my knees. It made me feel comfortable, and safe.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, my phone rang causing me to jolt awake, my hands flailing at my sides. I grumbled under my breaths as I sat up, my hands groping for my phone as I leaned towards my bedside table.

I frowned when I couldn't feel my phone on the table and opened my eyes, thankful for the dim lighting but annoyed as my phone kept ringing nonstop.

I spotted my phone on the floor, near my bag which I had dropped when I entered my room from work that day and I huffed tiredly. I crawled to the side of the bed and reached for my phone.

Just when I was about to answer it, the caller, whoever he or she was cause I didn't bother looking at the screen, ended the call and I tugged at my hair, frustrated. I looked at my phone screen which was still blaring with light and a tired smile immediately formed on my lips.

One hazel eye stared back at me with the other covered by a strong sinewy hand, a playful smile on his thin lips which made him look much more handsome, his signature smile.

A simple ring on his finger made me look at my own hand. There, on my third finger was the same ring, with the exception of a single diamond engraved at the center of it. I smiled fondly, circling it absent-mindedly around my finger.

A yawn escaped my lips and I remembered my sleep deprived exhausted body as my eyes watered slightly. Putting the phone on my bedside table, I resumed my place at the center of the bed, yawning again as my eyes fluttered close.

As I succumbed to the comforting darkness, sleep beckoning me into its cocoon, an image of him flitted accross my mind and I whispered unknowingly into the quiet night air of my bedroom.

"Quinn."

x_x