Chapter 4

It seemed that my crush on Quinn wasn't as small as I think it was. I was already a sophomore and my feelings for him hadn't changed.

I glanced at Poppy when she plopped down onto the seat opposite me, completely blocking him from my view. It was lunchtime and yeah, I deliberately chose to sit on this spot so that I could see him, at least during lunch. We don't have a single class together after all.

"You should tell him," Poppy said and I almost choked on the spaghetti I was eating. My hand reached for my water bottle and I drank a few gulps before feigning confusion.

"What are you talking about? Haha," I said awkwardly and Poppy gave me a look with one eyebrow raised as if saying really you think I don't know you?

I groaned inwardly. "Poppy he's a senior. Soon he'll be out of school and I won't be seeing him again. Confessing whatever little feelings I have will be futile," I told her pouting, since I already knew that my crush on Quinn didn't go unnoticed by her.

Poppy shook her head before saying in a tone like I was a little girl who had been caught stealing a candy. "We live on the same street. And he doesn't have a girlfriend."

"He did have a girlfriend,"  I said in a small voice.

The girl was his classmate, Jacqueline, the opposite of me. She was Asian, with beautiful straight black hair, dark brown eyes and a small nose, and a few inches taller than me and had the body of a model. Certainly did nothing to my self-consciousness.

"Miss Jenkins," Poppy uttered, "he dated her for less than a month."

"But he did date her and clearly she was his type," I cut her off sourly.

Poppy sighed loudly in front of me, shook her head again before standing up, looking down at me and I was too late to notice the mischievous look in her eyes as she said, "I'm doing this for your sake."

She proceeded to walk away, still in my view. And I realized that she was heading to where my eyes were before she sat on the seat in front of me. Towards Quinn.

I gasped loudly and a few heads turned my way, making me blush as I looked down at the food on my plate. Poppy came back a minute later with a triumphant smile on her face and I wished I was one to throw swear words.

"Art room after school," she said cheekily and I lightly kicked her shin under the table.

x_x