Chapter 1

Camila's P.O.V.

"Okay mom. You can go now." I turned to my Mom who was sobbing quietly. "Mom don't cry. I'll see you at Christmas. Remember?" I giggled lightly, trying to lighten the mood.

My Mom nodded. She wiped her eyes and took a deep breath. "I know. I'm just gonna miss you so much. As will Sofi and your Dad."

"I know mom, but I'll be fine." I assured her. "It's my dream to be here. I've wanted to here since before I can remember and now it's finally happening, my dream is coming true."

My Mom nodded. "I know you have you couldn't stop talking about it. What will you do after this?"

"I'm not sure, I will definitely come home, probably try to join the American riding team." I nodded, taking a deep breath and pulling my Mom in for a hug. She wrapped her arms around me, protectively.

"That's amazing, sweetheart." My mom smiled.

"I love you, mom." I said into her ear.

"I love you too." She pulled away and looked at me. "Now, remember Shadow will be here tomorrow so be ready for her."

"I know Mom." I said. "I will. She's going to love it here. I can tell." I sighed contently.

"I have to go now, but I'll message you as soon as I'm back home." My Mom said. She pulled me in for another hug.

"I know mum. Tell dad and Sofi I love them and I'll see them soon." I hugged my Mom back.

"I will, sweetheart." My Mom kissed my forehead after pulling away from the hug. "Bye."

"Bye Mom." My Mom got into a cab and I watched it drive off into the distance of the English countryside.

I turned on my heals to face the school: Kensington Academy. I'd always wanted to go there, I dreamed about it every night, and now I was here, in England, standing right in front of my dream school. I was so excited. I gazed up at the tall building that towered above me. It was an old building, made from stone. Taking a deep breath, I grabbed the handle of my suitcase and entered the building.

The big wooden door slammed behind shut me but no one noticed, they were too busy running around getting their schedules and information packs.

"Em.... Excuse me?" I tried to get a young boy's attention to ask him where registration was but he completely ignored me. How rude!

"Excuse me?" I tried again with a small brown haired girl, hoping to have more luck but she just walked away.

I walked through the entrance hall, trying to get different people's attention but no one would respond to me.

The next thing I knew I was on the floor. A tall boy with dark curly hair, pale skin and brown eyes had landed on top of me.

"OH MY GOSH! I'm so sorry." He apologised. He got to his feet and helped me up. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." I replied.

"I'm Harry, Harry Styles, by the way. Sorry again I should really watch where I am going." He said quickly.

"I'm Camila, Camila Cabello and it's okay, no damage done. I'm fine." I smiled at him after dusting myself off.

"What year are you in?" Harry asked. He flashed me a warm smile.

"I'm in Year 12. What about you?" I asked, returning his smile.

"Year 13." He replied.

"How many years does this school have? Just out of curiosity. There is a lot of students just in this area." I asked, looking around.

"I know, right?" He giggled. "This school doesn't follow the normal English teaching system There eight years, juniors being in year nine and end in year eleven, middle school starts at year twelve and ends at year fifteen, that's you and me, and seniors are in year sixteen to eighteen, then they graduate." He explained.

"Oh okay. Can you direct me to the registration room, please? I don't want to miss registration." I bit my lip nervously.

"Oh sure. It's just down that hall and it's the last door on your right. You can't miss it; it says registration on it in big gold letters." He pointed down the hall.

"Okay. Thank you." I looked into his brown eyes and smiled.

"Harry, come on, we have to go. Miss Neilson is waiting for us." I heard a male voice with an Irish accent call from behind me.

Harry looked over my head. "OKAY!" He called, then looked back at me. "I have to go now, but I'll see you soon, yeah?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "Sure." I replied with a smile.

Harry ran off down a different hall in the direction of his friend, his curls bouncing around on his head as he ran.

I smiled, taking hold of my suitcase handle and walking down the hall that Harry had showed me just moments before. I stopped by the open door that he told me about. I lifted my right arm and knocked lightly on the door.

"Come in." A woman's English accent came through the crack in the door.

I took a deep breath and pushed the door open and walked in, pulling my suitcase behind me.

A woman with short blonde hair, pale skin and blue eyes sat behind a wooden desk, scribbling on a sheet of paper. She looked up at me through her black framed glasses. "Yes."

"Um... I'm new." I stuttered, a little intimidated. I swallowed thickly.

"Obviously." She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Take a seat." She gestured to the seats in front of her. "I'm Miss Kingsly."

I crossed the room slowly and sat down.

"What's your name?" Miss Kingsly asked. She turned in her seat to face the large computer.

"Camila Cabello." I said.

I watched her type in my name and sigh, shaking her head. she frowned. "Nope. Do you have another name? Like another first name?"

"Yes. It's Karla Camila Cabello." I nodded.

She typed my full name into the computer and smiled. "Yes, here you are. American? We have five of them here this year. That's odd. We never do that." She shook her head. "Oh well. You are in Abbey House, floor three, room seven. Your house captain is Elaine Willshire and she will stop by your room once all of you have arrived to see how you are settling in." She smiled at me and handed me an information pack with a map of the grounds and my schedule.

"Thank you, Miss Kingsly." I smiled at her, standing from the seat and making my way over to the door with my suitcase rolling behind me. I left the room and closed the door behind me, before leaving the main building and going to search for Abbey House.