Chapter 4

Mackenzie's POV

We were thinking the same thing! We agreed to the plan and from that moment we were "dating".

I walked into my house smiling. Taking everything off I go to the kitchen and see my family making dinner.

"Hello Mackenzie" my mother and step-Dad greeted.

"Hi mom, hi Greg" I say hugging them.

"Dinner is almost done girls" Greg announced.

Me and Maddie took our seats next to each other. Mom and Greg brought the food over and we began to eat.

"So girls how was your day?" Mom asked.

"Good" me and Maddie reply.

Maddie started going into detail on her day. I just sat there and listened. I don't like talking about my day usually, unless something interesting happened (which it rarely ever does) I don't talk much.

Mom and Greg soon started talking about their days, and the events that took place.

"So Maddie, how's Gino doing?" Greg asked.

Gino is Maddie's boyfriend. They've been dating for years, since like eighth or ninth grade. Something like that, but he's just "wonderful!" Don't get me wrong I do like Gino, he's really nice to me, and he's been there for me a lot. It's just the dumb boyfriend thing.

Whenever they bring up Gino, it evolves to me not having a boyfriend.

"He's good, he's excited to spend Christmas with us" she smiled.

"That's good Madz. So Kenzie, what about you? Any boys?" Mom asked.

"No there's not" Maddie said before I could respond.

Mom turns towards me and gave me the look. The same look she gives me with this topic.

"Mackenzie, why don't you want to date?" She asked.

"Actually mom there is someone" I smirked.

Everyone froze for a moment. "Really? What's his name?" Greg asked.

"His name is Johnny."

"Johnny what?" He questioned.

"Johnny Orlando. We've been dating for about two weeks now" I say.

Me and Johnny agreed on saying we were dating for two weeks.

"If you were dating him why didn't you tell us?" Mom interrogated.

"Ya and today I asked you and you said no" Maddie added.

"I don't like talking about my life okay?!" I snapped. "Look, we've been dating for two weeks. He asked me to the dance tonight and I'm going to the dance with him. He can come over the house this Friday if you want" I say.

"Yes. We'd love to have him over" Greg smiled.

"Okay I'll text him later" I mumbled.

Dinner continued on as usual. Nothing eventful for me. I help clean up, then rush up to my room. I jump on my bed and start texting Johnny.

Kenzie💕: my parents want to meet you this Friday. Can you do it?

Johnny💕💜😘: ya not a problem

Kenzie💕: thank you sm!

I smiled and turned my phone off. I made sure I put heart emojis next to his name so it makes it more convincing that we were dating.

Maddie walked into my room smirking.

"Yes Maddie?" I groaned knowing she's going to say something.

"So you've had a boyfriend this whole time and didn't tell your big sister?" She questioned.

I nodded in response.

"I don't like talking about my life Maddie, you know that."

She takes a seat on my bed. "I know but still! My baby sister is dating someone finally!" She said wrapping an arm around me.

"Madz, I'm fifteen, not five. And secondly, why is everyone so surprised I have a boyfriend?" I ask.

"We thought you were going to die alone because you're such an introvert" she answered.

I just nodded. I didn't want to get further into the conversation than what it was.

"So Mackenzie, you excited to bring him over?" She asked.

"Ya, hopefully it's just us and nobody else" I say.

"Well actually Gino and the girls and their boyfriends are coming" she said.

I sat there shocked. Oh shit I thought. This won't turn out good. I can see it now.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

She nodded then smiled. I returned one back.

"Don't worry they won't embarrass you, I promise" Maddie tells me.

"Okay."