November 13th, A Starbucks Coffeeshop

Within seconds, Nate had brought me to a Starbucks and bought me a hot chocolate and himself a vanilla frappe. 

"I'm not one for hot chocolate," He explained to me as we waited for our drinks. We sat down by the windows and watched all the tourists and shoppers flooding by with bags and packages. 

I slipped my coat off, as the coffee shop was heated, and thanked Nate for the hot chocolate. He pulled off his jacket and hung it on the back of his metal chair. Under it, he wore a knitted sweater. 

When I complimented it, he went red and muttered, "My mum knitted it. She also made me this hat." He gestured to the blue hat on his head, which obscured most of his head except for his face. He pulled it off and surprised me for the second (and certainly not the last) time. His hair was almost white, it was so light. Nate wore it cut in a sort of fusion between bangs and a wave, which not many could pull off but looked amazing on him. Nate overall was very adorable, truth be told. He had freckles spattered across his nose, which still looked kinda cold. He rubbed it with a hand until it returned to what I assumed was its normal hue.

 A thought seemed to occur to him. "Wait...are we on a date right now?"

I sprayed hot chocolate all over Nate. "WHAT?!" I spluttered.

He giggled. "Gotcha!"

I rolled my eyes. "Hilarious."

As I wiped my mouth, Nate brushed hot chocolate off his sweater, still laughing from my reaction. "I mean, not that I would mind going on a date with you," He said, eyes widening.

I laughed. "I wouldn't dislike it either," I said shyly.

Nate threw up his hands. "Ah, forget it. We're just two strangers who happen to like the same things and met outside at midnight while looking at Christmas lights. We've got - oh, only EVERYTHING in common." I set down my drink and pointed at him. "We're gonna be friends, right? Cause if not, this is kinda weird." Nate shrugged. "I'd like it if we were friends." He said, smiling adorably again. We shook on it and then finished our drinks. After that, we put our winter stuff back on and headed out into the streets to seek out gifts for our families.