Chapter 17- Demands and requests

*** These next few chapters are unedited. If there are any mistakes or things are worded weirdly I am sorry, I am to lazy and just want this book to me over with, Hope you are not to angry. Love you my imaginary readers. Please don't hate me.***

I walk into the hospital and go over to the nurse at the reception desk. "May I help you?" She asks me as she sees me walk in front of her.

"Yes, I'm here to see Luke Hemmings," I tell her as I rock back on I heels nervously.

"Relation?" She asks me.

"I am his roommate," I tell her with a smile.

She nods. "He is in room 139. That is past these doors and to the right. " She tells me. On my way there I see Ashton sitting in the waiting room nervously bouncing his leg. I walk past him and to the door.

I walk through room 139 and see Luke sitting on a blank white bed with a needle in his arm. He is so pale and looks so fragile. It breaks my heart a little bit. Seeing someone as nice as Luke sitting in a bed helpless and alone.

I walk over to the bed and grab his hand. "It's okay Luke I'm here for you now," I tell him not knowing if he can hear me or not.

The doctor walks in and sees me. "Are you his roommate?" He asks me quietly. I nod. "He passed out due to lack of nutrition. Luke appears to be anorexic and needs support so that he can start eating again. We are going to give him fluids to try and get his body weight and nutrition levels up but after we discharged him he will need to be closely monitored to make sure that he is eating and eating the proper nutrition that he needs. Can you be the one to do that?" He asks me and I nod slightly. "Good. I will leave you for now but push the red button on his bed when he wakes up." He tells me before walking out of the room.

I sigh and look at the pale boy in front of me. Why didn't he tell me? I could have helped him instead of him sitting there in a hospital bed looking like he is just barely alive. I sigh and sit down on the chair next to his bed. This is going to be a long night.

My head hurts. I can't feel anything right now. I try to open my eyes but it hurt when I do. I let out low groan when my head pounds again.

"Luke?" I hear a voice. I recognize that voice.

"Calum?" I ask hesitantly still not opening my eyes.

He chuckles. "Yes Luke, it's me. Can you open your eyes for me?" He asks me.

I groan but do as I'm asked. When I open them I see Calum standing there with tousled hair from having his hand being run through it so many times. He looked tired.like he has been here a while. "What happened?" I ask him.

"You passed out from lack of nutrition." He told me. "You need to start eating Luke."

"I know. I've tried. I started eating again but soon after I got rejected by multiple colleges and my self-esteem when down so much that I stopped eating again. I just haven't been able to start again. I want to though. For Ashton. He is the nicest person that I have ever met, and I want to be there for him. I can't do that if I'm sitting in a hospital bed or dead." I say. Wow. This is the most I have ever opened up to anyone before. I kinda like the feeling of being free. Of not having to hold back. Of finally letting someone in. I look up at Calum with pleading eyes. "I need help," I tell him.

"I will do what I can to help you, Luke. It can't just be me though because I can't make you eat. I can't make you get better. Somethings you have to do on your own and this is one of them." He tells me and tears prickle at my eyes.

"I know," I tell him trying to choke back tears. "Is Ashton here?" I ask him still trying to fight off the tears.

"Yeah, he is in the waiting room looking very worried." He tells me and I nod.

"I want to see him," I say determinedly.

Calum nods and goes to push the button next to my bed. "I was supposed to push it as soon you woke up but I wanted to talk to you first." He tells me with a shrug.

Soon doctors are rushing in and checking everything. They lecture me about the importance of eating but I don't listen. All I want is to see Ashton.