Chapter 2

Tulippaw's heart felt like it just might die of shock. Why in StarClan's name would he, of all cats want to be a medicine cat? Tulippaw stood frozen, she couldn't move. All she could do was watch cats going by doing their daily things. Snakepelt reappeared with what seemed to be a shriveled coltsfoot plant, his ginger fur blowing in the sudden wind and then he left towards the medicine den. Seeing him, Tulippaw could move again suddenly like the sudden shock of a tom one moon older then her was mentoring her wasn't a big deal anymore. Tulippaw decided to leave camp, to try and find more herbs. Tulippaw slunk through the entrance, she still hadn't seen her mentor, not Snakepelt, Blackberry. As she was searching she saw a bird. Food.... She thought as her belly growled and her stomach ached with hunger, but she had better things to do than think about- Her stomach growled again. Tulippaw sighed, she hadn't had warrior training so she couldn't do anything but continue her mission. Please StarClan, make it rain. Tulippaw forced herself to continue. She was the medicine cat she had to do this. Something wet fell on her nose but she ignored it. Looking for any signs of herbs. Any. Any sign... There was none.. Disheartened she returned to camp. Snakepelt watched her come. Seeing him, cheered her up. "I couldn't find a anything," she stated. "That's okay," Snakepelt said,"better luck next time." At this Tulippaw, for some reason, felt her cheeks go hot.