Todoroki x Reader

You and Todoroki work in an rundown coffee cafe.

requested by ashinesa
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quickly you rushed around the crowded kitchen, grabbing orders left and right. The floors creaked as you swiftly took the trays and headed for the doors. The cafe was busy again, the sound of the bell constantly going off. Humming to the tune of your step, you noticed a large pot at the top of the shelves that started to tip.

"Todoroki watch out!" you yelled before catching the pot that was about to fall on his head. Your eyes widen as you struggled to balance the trays and the large pot.

"[l/n]..." He said calmly before taking the trays in your hand. Sighing, you nodded at him and placed the pot on the counter.

"The shelves are too old to hold this weight, I'll tell the boss we should keep them on the bottom." You replied back, wiping the head of sweat you worked up. Suddenly you remembered the task at hand.

"Shoot the orders!" You cried out before frantically looking back at the door. But someone had already taken them.

"Ill take this one [l/n], you should take a break." He said as he pushed open the doors, throwing his apron on the rack.

You chuckled, silently thanking him for letting you take a breather. As you finished putting the pots in a safe place, you too off your apron as well.

"His station is always so... orderly" You laughed, sipping your coffee as you walked out of the doors.

Your friends waved to you, signally their daily visit. Somehow they always were there on your break times, never leaving you lonely. It seemed that they had already finished ordering their food. You could tell by the way their eyes goggled at Todoroki as he left their table.

You nodded at him and mouthed a thank you as you approached the table. He nodded back , smiling at you. But he would only smile with his eyes, that was the only way. It's what you expected from the somewhat emotionless boy.

"Ooo, [y/n] he's pretty cute don't you think?" One of your friends whispered as you sat next to them.

"Hey [b/f/n]! Watch what you say, that's [y/n]s man!" She sarcastically said back, causing your ears to tinge pink.

"Hold up, he's not my man. I don't even have his number." You chuckled, sliding your hair behind your ear.

"We didn't mention numbers..." One of them smirked, winking at the others.

"Well I-" You tried to defend, but losing to their outburst of laughter.

"Ah man, we need to get his number for her! Alright who's gonna grab his phone?" One yelled, forming a plan with the others.

"Guys.." You tried saying.

"[y/n] would never be interested in a guy like him. He doesn't even smile" One giggled, making a straight face to mirror him.

"That is true, maybe she's into the mysterious type. Ugh [y/n] your so innovative." The other dramatically sighed, throwing her head back.

"Guys..." You tried again, getting irritated by the behavior.

"No way! Why would she even like him? He doesn't seem like he family type." The other replied back, pointing her thumb back at the kitchen.

"It's final then, [l/n] you are not allowed to date a guy so emotionless-"

"SO WHAT IF I LIKE TODOROKI? IF I WANNA DATE HIM, ILL DATE HIM!" You cried, flaring out your annoyance.

Their heads silently turned back. Your sudden outburst got more attention than you thought.

Smirks formed across the girls, as the blood drained from your face.

It was their plan all along... so i could confess.

You glanced around, only to make eye contact with the one person you shouldn't have mentioned.

Todoroki.

"I'm screwed..." You murmured, face planting yourself into the table.

This was it. This was the end. You would have to quit your job, change your name, move out of the country....

"Ooo better prepare..." Your friend cackled, patting your back.

Just take me now...

"[l/n]..." A familiar voice said, holding your shoulder.

You reluctantly heaved yourself up, the mess of hair blocking your sight. Suddenly a hand was on your face, pushing the hairs behind you ear.

"AHHHH" You heard screams coming from the girls and sounds of cameras flashing.

You looked up to find yourself face to face with Todoroki. No doubt, it felt like your heart fell out of your behind.

"Your breaks over [l/n], please come help me back in the kitchen." He said calmly, taking your hand.

"Awww" The girls sadly sighed.

Heading back into the kitchen, you couldn't figure him out. Had he heard what you said or did he completely overlook it? You kept shaking your head, trying to push the thoughts away from you. Right now it was time to work.

"Forget it Forget i-" You kept repeating but you walked into something hard. It was Todoroki.

"[l/n] please be carful of where your going. I don't wanna take you in a date when your injured." He said, holding your shoulders.

"Oh yeah right- d-d-DATE?!" You shouted out, your apron flying up into your face.

"Yes, is there a problem?" He asked, as he started washing the dishes.

"N-Nope umm i'm totally cool with that yeah totally um-" You started mumble, fiddling with your apron.

"Good" He finished, placing the pots on the rack.

••••••••••••

As you were walking back home after a long shift, you felt something poking your arm.

"Hey what this?" You asked, reaching for the object coming out of your bag.

It was a pink rose ...

"There's a note" You smiled.

I'll pick you up at 8 tomorrow. Here's my number. I'll see you then- Todoroki

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

hope you like this one shot!