Problem

"Ow!"

"Watch where you're going, nerd. You're the one with the glasses!" I laughed viciously and left the poor girl standing there. She had asked for it. Who did she think she was, standing in my way?

"Bitch," I whispered to my friend Alexia. She nodded apologetically.

"I know. She must not have seen you there."

"Whatever."

We four stormed forward. People parted before us, and I was proud to say that they did it out of fear. It was an unspoken rule at school. You don't talk to us unless asked, you don't smile, look, laugh at us, and you don't cross paths with us. Simple and easy.

"Caitlynn?" I asked.

"Yes?" She comes scurrying to the front of the group.

"Did she do something to my outfit?"

"No, not at all," she smiles. "You look beautiful today."

"Thanks!" I grinned but once she was out of earshot, I spun to Alexia. "In or out? Too kind."

"In, until next time."

"Sure, whatever."

I made a bubble with my chewing gum.

Pop

"Hey, Nick!" I heard Spike call out.

Nick joined our group. He kissed Spike on the cheek and slung his arm around me.

"Hey, Princess." I rolled my eyes so hard I was sure they were ready to fall off.

"I told you, I'm Queen. Lexi is Princess."

"Still calling you Princess. Old habits die hard."

Last year, Clary had been our Queen but she had graduated. She then had said she wanted me to take her place as I was the Princess and the people agreed. I thought it would be great but it was a lot of responsibility. Luckily, my friends made it easier for me.

We went to my locker first, as I was the priority.

"Okay, you guys," I called. "We have a secondary group meeting tomorrow but a primary group meeting this break, okay?"

"Oh no," Jazz moaned. "But they just installed something new in the game room."

"Go first break," Alexia said. "Oh, and hello to you."

Jazz moaned again.

"Always a pleasure that guy," she mumbled to me. I giggled slightly and replied.

"As pleasurable as looking at his hair."

Jazz had died his hair bright neon green last summer, he said it was to reflect his personality. It fitted him, but sometimes it looked a little bit too bright. Just a little. Other than him, Spike had dyed his brown hair black and Alexia had a purple dip dyed. I would never dye my hair as I thought it would ruin their silky touch and that would be awful for me because I had to have the best hair, but I completely respected my friend's choices. If it works, good for them.

We both laughed and Jazz shot us the evil eye. He knew we were talking about him.

Life was literally perfect except for some girls in hallways that thought they could go in front of me.

I had the highest rank at school and my friends, right?

Right?

xx-xx

"Mum!" I shouted throughout the house, dragging the 'u'. "Lexi is here. Where are you? I need you to cook for me. Don't be a bitch."

"Yes, Sweetheart?" She slumped against the door, head hanging limply. Her hair was a rat's nest, with knots everywhere. She looked tired with her extremely pale sick skin and very light eyes that stared blankly forward. She was dying and dying fast. She had lost her sight a couple months ago, because of the illness ravaging her mind. The doctors weren't exactly sure what the disease was, but it was acting faster than they could create a cure. It was a doomed case since the beginning. I averted my eyes from her practically translucent nightgown, in which I could see her skin with her blue, pulsing veins, pulsing her last shot at life.