Chapter 42

- He brought him back late night! He was in a terrible condition, but he was alive and just as confused as you are right now - Rick explained as we were heading over to the house Daryl was in.

- I see... I still can't believe he did it - I replied.

I really couldn't believe German actually took Daryl back to Alexandria in the middle of the night, after our argument that night just to make me feel better.

He's deny it, but this is why he did it.

- Here we are! - Rick panted and we entered the cozy house and the next thing I realized was Daryl walking hardly up to me and hugging me tightly.

I was terribly happy and so was he.

- Daryl... God fucking damnit... - I sighed painfully and in happiness at the same time as I was hugging him back even tighter.

----- TIME SKIP -----

- You need to know he did it for your sake...

Daryl seemed and sounded way better than he did the last time I saw him which makes me happy...

But him talking about German the way he talked now was... weird...

- Did he really...? Or he just wants me to be fine with him and give shit in for him?

- I have no fucking idea, but he seemed completely broken last night and I don't know what did exactly happen between you two, but after what I've seen I feel like he truly felt hurt and awfully bad...

- I see...

- Believe me, Angie... You know I wouldn't lie to you - he said, looking at me in the eyes.

- I know you wouldn't... It's just hard for me to believe he's actually feeling bad about the shit he has done... to be honest...

- He seems completely different and so low today - Rick added - Something must be going through his mind.

- Maybe...

I don't know what to believe to be honest... He does seem like he has been feeling awful all night and in the morning, but...

Can he be trusted?

I said earlier that I love him and that did not change ever...

I felt everything towards him now.

I felt hate.

I felt love.

And I felt fear.

But I don't know what to feel, or what to actually think right now.