THREE | welcome home.

little piggy. chapter three.
SUMMARY ; negan brings sadie to the sanctuary.

sick and full of pride
all we do is drive

❝ sick and full of prideall we do is drive ❝

——

SADIE STRUGGLED against his hold, her feet dragged against the ground as he tossed and directed her around like she was nothing but a rag doll.

"would ya lookey here, i got myself a new kitten," negan announced, chuckling. he dragged sadie by the collar of her shirt, up to the front of the line of people still kneeling. tears left rick's eyes, carl looked down to the dirt beneath him, refusing to watch the man belittle his big sister. daryl blinked, staring at the girl being thrown on the ground. sadie's hands shot out in front of her to catch herself, before glancing at each person in front of her, her eyes passing over abraham and glenn's headless bodies. she forced her eyes to avert away from them, and instead looked at the man who did this all. she was going to kill him someday.

"go wait in the rv," negan said to sadie, locking his eyes onto her. sadie narrowed her eyes, as she shook her head. she watched the man clench his jaw, the alexandrian's held their breaths. she wondered if it was even worth it anymore. what was the point in pretending she had any pride left in her. her eyes burned from all the tears, and the last thing she would want is someone else taking one for the team because she was stubborn.

sadie looked to her father, who was already staring at her. his whole body trembling, hair stuck to his face with sweat. she could tell he was screaming on the inside for her not to go with him, as if any of them had a choice. before rick could do something stupid and get someone hurt, sadie pushed herself up onto her feet, and turned her back to the group to head towards the rv.

"please! give her back! i-it can be me!" rick yelled, his voice shaking, hair dripping wet in sweat, eyes bloodshot from tears. his voice raspy from screaming. sadie shut her eyes, holding back the urge to turn around. negan shook his head, looking back at sadie , who was now holding the rv door open, her one foot placed up on the first step.

"no.. she'll be more fun," negan grinned, shrugging a shoulder. he gestured his bat to inside the rv, signaling the girl to go inside. without looking behind her, she followed his orders. rick yelled and screamed for negan to take him instead, or take them both, he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he let this man take his daughter.

"shut the door, kitten." negan told her. sadie swallowed, before slamming the door shut. as soon as it did, she heard his laughter from the other side of the vehicle. the girl slid down the door to the rv, pulling her knees up to her chest, she started to cry into her arms.