Chapter I

The forest fog tumbled and flowed through the air. A deafening silence filled the woods as the moonlight shined down through the trees. A girl breaks the dead air, sprinting through the crumpled leaves and dodging low-limbs. An ominous voice of a youthful boy echoes rolling off the wind. The girl stops placing her hands on her knees. Her breaths heavy and lungs were burning. Tears well up in her eyes as she lets out a small cry.

Marcy, the voice called out. It sent chills down to her bones.

She runs a little further hiding behind a tree. The red-headed girl listens carefully with her back pressed against the trunk. Her eyes squeezed tight with trembling breaths.

Marcy, Marcy, the haunting tone grew closer and closer.

The petite girl knew she was stuck. She was miles and miles deep into the forest, and no landmark felt familiar to her.

Marcy where are you, the voice growled making the pubescence disappear from it.

When the voice of the boy grew silent, she opens her eyes. Her body relaxes as she peeks around the side of the tree. She saw nothing but the forest.  A sigh of relief escapes her lips into the air making a small cloud. She leans against the tree as her heart rate recedes to its normal pace.

MARCY! The voice screamed, her eyes flash wide open to see a boy standing in front of her. His clothes drenched as if he just finished swimming. The girl lets out an ear piercing scream as the kid's eyes turn red.

A white Jeep Wrangler parks out front of a gas station. There was only one gas pump, and iron bars placed on the windows. A junior boy in college slides with ease exiting the driver door after giving it a gentle nudge. He stands up, stretching almost the height of the vehicle. Standing well over six feet tall. His brown hair seemed a shade darker under the clouded sky, and his eyes failed to conceal the exhaustion that lay behind them.

He rubs the corner of his honey-colored eyes, and a deep yawn escapes his mouth. Colin had been driving all night, and the sun had finally decided to come out this morning. Reaching in his back pocket, he pulls out his phone to check the time.

6:30a.m.

"You okay, Colin," a girl with long wavy light brown hair smiles warming at him. He glances at her catching sight of her bold ocean blue eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine Elena," Colin assures her before walking inside the gas station she follows closely behind him.

"Are the other two coming in," he asks glazed.

Elena grabs a bag of chips from the rack before answering,"no they aren't," she replied leaning into him,"sleeping off the hangover."

A smirk plays across her lips as Colin scoffs rolling his eyes before turning away from her and walking further down the aisle of snacks.

"You know I could drive for a bit," Elena suggests her eyes lingering on Colin, but he was too blind to see her attempt to show affection.

"Are you sure," his eyebrows knit together as he looks back at her. She closes the small distance between them.

"It's no problem," she states. Colin stares at her with a questioning look whether to trust the girl with his Jeep.

He had been saving up since freshman year of high school for the thing and didn't want to risk totaling it. Colin almost declines the offer before another wave of exhaustion and a deep yawn causes him to hand the keys to Elena.

"Okay," he gives in," but no funny business." He warns her given a stern finger point before tossing the keys to her then heading off to find the men's restroom.