02.

I'm back~! :)

Getting the hype of the story? I hope you are. :)

Please let me know your thoughts by writing comments below. :D I'd love to hear from you guys again. :D

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as Hoseok was confident that he was already feeling fine, he left the cubicle and washed his face. He made sure that he was looking fine from his perspective. Feeling satisfied with his reflection in the mirror, he walked back towards their classroom, just in time that they were about to hand over their homework.

Hoseok walked back towards his seat, which was near the corner of the room, since Hyungwon's was at the corner. He saw the other throwing him a worried glance, before looking back at Miss Kang and submitting their homework. As he sat down, Hyungwon threw a folded paper on top of Hoseok's chair. He opened it, and smiled as he read the note.

I was worried. I submitted your homework with mine. - Hyungwon

He folded the note again, and raised a thumbs up to signal that he was doing fine. He also pointed at Miss Kang to signal that they should listen to her discussion. He kept the smile etched onto his face, but in reality, he was less than happy with what has happened.

As much as Hoseok wanted to focus onto listening to their Maths class, he couldn't remove Hyungwon off his head. He kept thinking about the other, what he would have thought with how he had reacted to his words earlier. He was scared that the other might find out about his secret. This thought alone had made Hoseok's heart ache. It send shivers down his spine.

"Hoseok?" Miss Kang had called. Apparently, it had been the second time that she had called him. Hoseok had looked at her as he stood up, a confused look in his face.

"I'm sorry, Miss Kang. Could you repeat your question?" Hoseok asked politely. Miss Kang sighed and repeated her question, for which Hoseok was able to answer. As he sat down, he noticed a folded paper on top of his desk. He unopened it, recognizing the handwriting on it.

Are you okay? – Hyungwon

Hoseok smiled as he read the note. Instead of doing the usual thumbs up, he took his pen and began writing back his response for Hyungwon. He reread his response before folding the paper and giving it back to Hyungwon:

I'm fine. Thank you. :)

As he passed the note, he met eye contact with Hyungwon, smiling at him. He blushed at Hyungwon's smile, making him look away. Hoseok feared that Hyungwon had noticed as the other laughed silently beside him as he opened the letter. Gladly, he didn't get a reply back and their class went normally for the day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

As soon as classes ended, Hoseok packed his things and began to leave the room. However, he was stopped as he was on the doorstep. He felt someone holding his wrist. When he looked back, it was Hyungwon.

"Leaving so soon?" Hyungwon asked.

Hoseok faced him as he spoke in a serious tone, not bothering to remove his hand from Hyungwon's grip. He liked it. "Yes. I have a few things to do at home, so I really have to go."

Hyungwon frowned upon hearing Hoseok's excuse. As much as he wanted to hang out with the other, he knew Hoseok was in a hurry, and he wasn't lying about it. He knew when Hoseok lied and when he didn't. With that, he let go of his hold on the other's wrist, smiling as he did. Hoseok smiled back before he ran off and out of sight. Finding no more reason to stay any longer in school, Hyungwon went back to his desk and gathered his belongings before carrying his bag and leaving the classroom.

On the other hand, Hoseok stopped when he figured he was far from the school. In reality, Hoseok hated it whenever he lied to Hyungwon and the other was convinced of it. He really didn't go home. He had to avoid Hyungwon. He did this every time he felt Hyungwon could sense that he actually loved the other more than friend. He had to be precautious with the other, for he knew that there was no place for him in terms of being 'more than friends'. He reminds himself of this whenever he looks back to a conversation that they had before:

"Hey Hoseok." Hyungwon calls. "Thanks for your support a while ago."

Hyungwon approached Hoseok and patted his back as he sat beside the other, leaving his arm resting on the other's shoulder. Hoseok smiled as he looked at Hyungwon.

"Of course. Anything for the best friend that I love." Hoseok responded.

"Aww. Thanks Hoseok. I love you."

"I love you too, Hyungwon."

"No homo though." Hyungwon responded as he hit Hoseok's back before standing up.

No homo though.

Ever since that conversation, that line has remained on Hoseok's head. That conversation had always reminded Hoseok that he can never be in a romantic relationship with Hyungwon. He also knew that the other hated homosexuals so much, ever since that incident with their old friend.

Lee Minhyuk...

Hoseok still remembered how Hyungwon recounted the time Minhyuk, their former friend, confessed his love for Hyungwon and, at the same time, his sexuality. In his irritation, Hyungwon punched him in the face, threatening him not to appear again. He had an ill temper with the said topic, and ever since then, no one ever dared to mention Minhyuk's name whenever Hyungwon was there.

These were Hoseok's reminders to himself not to ever slip his real feelings for the other. Whatever happens, my heart must remain as it is.

A secret.